GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #31  
Those are fairly easy to replace, not sure a shield is needed unless you have a specific application that poses a challenge?

I have about 1+ ac of wooded land that I like to bush hog a couple times a year. Land is steep and ends up with small limbs laying around in tall weeds. Have only torn one so far but only bushhoged it for a couple years.

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #32  
Here is my glow plug light indicator , the hardest part was trying to get the picture . It is hard to turn the key and hold the iPad and take the picture at the set time
The light is a dash build from a international 4900

Attachments

• image-335197252.jpg
    image-335197252.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 380
  • image-1967837039.jpg
    image-1967837039.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 339
   / GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #33  
   / GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications
hope this will give you some idea as to how to make one for yourself.Mine have worked since putting them on and no more torn boots.Larry
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...3399-gc2300-tie-rod-dust-boot.html?highlight=

Thanks Larry, I thought I remembered someone doing that.

My thought was to use a lighter gauge stainless, make a few bends on one side so it would narrow, make some slots through the bends, roll it up, and install it with a hose clamp on the small end.

I never made mine because I don't hit anything in my lawn that could damage my boots. :thumbsup:

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #35  
Thanks Massey Driver, I had some ideas but I like yours better. Hope to do this upgrade to my tractor soon

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #36  
tractor 002.JPGI've added some grab hooks. First I welded on a piece of 3/16" plate, around the perimeter and a large button weld. After cutting some hooks to fit, I welded them to the plate. I also welded in a receiver for a trailer hitch to move trailers around the yard. Unfortunately, this didn't go well as I bent the top of the bucket. It was easy to fix, and then tractor 001.JPGI made the adapter to strengthen the bucket for this task and to lower the hitch. This has worked well to move my trailers around, including my 5th wheel camping trailer using the cup on the top of the adapter.tractor 003.JPGtractor 004.JPG Computers hate me. I spent about three hours making the adapter and over an hour to post these pics after taking them, on the 4th try. tractor 005.jpg I've given up on trying to install the pics throughout the text where I wanted them.

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #37  
Nice stuff, guys! Even though my GC is one of the older ones, I still love it. I've done several mods over the years, beginning with bucket hooks, then a small receiver hitch on the bucket (light duty, just for moving stuff around), but the biggest, I suppose was FINALLY getting those #&^#*&$% ROPS lights moved to the inside of the frame.

I also added a temp gauge, but you guys with the 24XX and 26XX tractors got one for "free" when you bought your tractors....:drool:

I just posted on the "Customization" thread about the ROPS lights, but here's a couple pics:

FEL hitch.JPGAll 3 hooks!.JPGDSC04300.JPGDSC04330.JPG

Nice stuff, guys! Even though my GC is one of the older ones, I still love it. I've done several mods over the years, beginning with bucket hooks, then a small receiver hitch on the bucket (light duty, just for moving stuff around), but the biggest, I suppose was FINALLY getting those #&^#*&$% ROPS lights moved to the inside of the frame.

I also added a temp gauge, but you guys with the 24XX and 26XX tractors got one for "free" when you bought your tractors....:drool:

I just posted on the "Customization" thread about the ROPS lights, but here's a couple pics:

View attachment 278810View attachment 278811View attachment 278808View attachment 278809

Yes, the temp gauge mod, that's one I never got around too.

I also wanted to do the other thing the later model owners got from the factory, move the stupid brake pedal to the left side, where it should have been in the first place. I would have done it, but MF wanted big money for a replacement brake pedal to experiment with, and I did not want to cut my original one up, until I was sure it I could make it work.

/ GC Series Owner Upgrades And Modifications #39  
Yeah I'd like to have modified mine to the newer style two pedal hydro,but after pricing out the stuff have also decided to leave it be due to $$.If the parts would be less $ I'd have done it.Larry

Guess one way would be to change the tractor with the mod already in place.:laughing:

An easy way to protect your hydraulic pump from cold weather: This silicone pad heater, (orange color), is glued to the bottom of the rear axle housing. It uses 140 watts of 110 vac power. I plug it in when the forecast is for impending snow.
0921121157a.jpg
In 24 hours, it warms the oil considerably. In 48 hours, the entire housing is no longer cold anywhere. I have left it plugged in for as long as a week at a time, when we have had periods of continuous snow.

With this you really can shorten you warm up times, because your oil is not cold to begin with.

For those of you who insist on going all ATV with your GC, you will have to decide whether you want to mount it on the side of the housing. The housing does have a rib on each side at the bottom, which is going to give some protection to the pad against bottoming out.

Here is a similar item for sale: Kat's 150 Watt Silicone Pad Heater Model# 24150 | Engine Heaters Blankets| Northern Tool + Equipment Kit includes everything you need.

You can also get them on E-Bay.

Another easy add: Rubber floor mats for the B/H foot rests. They keep you from wearing all the paint off.
Buy a small cheap mat, and cut it to size.
0921121159.jpg

Last edited: