MF 150 Stalling - Did I say Help? Help!!!!

/ MF 150 Stalling - Did I say Help? Help!!!! #21  
Have another idea on your tractor, need to know what brand fuel filters you have on it and filter #, just thought of, can explain better than typing, please call 574 893 4172 when you can.

/ MF 150 Stalling - Did I say Help? Help!!!! #22  
Great story! I know there's some stuff I can learn here, thank you guys for keeping this thread going. Can't wait to hear the end!:thumbsup:

/ MF 150 Stalling - Did I say Help? Help!!!!
IrvingJ, you can't wait, just think how I feel! :)

DieselTech,

It's a NAPA 3166. I checked the banjo bolt again and it was clear. This week I will disassemble the fuel filter and make sure the seals are not twisted. I developed a nice oil leak but tracked it down and found my breather hose was a bit worn. I'll get a replacement for that. I was of course happy it wasn't anything really serious. I'll call as well (I was just hoping I could get to work before I called :) )

Thanks so much. I appreciate your knowledge. You have utmost respect.

/ MF 150 Stalling - Did I say Help? Help!!!! #25  
My MF 165 had a problem, but it would run for about 20 seconds and die. We would hand pump it, it would run 20 seconds and die. The neighbor was helping me out, and changed the fuel filters for me while I was doing the tranny. He had the fuel filter seal inside the lip of the filter, blocking the holes on the perimeter. We got the seal where it's supposed to be, and everything was fixed. That might be a good thing to check on both filters. The other is are you getting enough air flow? I have seen a mouse nest blocking the air flow before.

/ MF 150 Stalling - Did I say Help? Help!!!! #26  
NAPA 3166 filters inlet is just inside outer upper rib, have seen extra O ring in this groove as mentioned before. Fuel can't get through and back up center as in should, only seal in base groove and smaller in center pilot groove needed for top of filter. Later tractors also used small O ring on bolt too. Just fixed an IH forklift with same problem, no fuel to inj pump, he had both filters blocked with extra seal, ran great when installed correctly.

Thanks Gengine and DieselTech. Yeah, I learned the hard way with that filter last year when I wasn't getting any fuel in the bowl. I also have checked the air flow as well.
It's been raining so I'll be at the tractor in a few days when the sun comes out.
Like I said, the next thing will be taking the filter off and making sure there aren't any twists.

James