Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 200

Default Re: MF 200 crawler loader, lost forward

I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping to get some help. I have a MF 200 Crawler that doesn't have fwd or reverse and was wanting to know who had that pump for $250. Or where I might find one.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler, Case 580 Super M Series 2

Quote Originally Posted by MF 200 Crawler View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping to get some help. I have a MF 200 Crawler that doesn't have fwd or reverse and was wanting to know who had that pump for $250. Or where I might find one.
    I'm sure I kept the receipt, and can post a link when I get home. Mine was going on a 2244, but it appears the pump remained the same on the 200.

I did have a bear of a time getting the pump installed. It turns out they changed the bolt orientation, and the pump is half an inch longer, so it wouldn't fit past the starter (and the starter wouldn't fit if you put the pump on first). The original pump has exposed nuts, and the bolt caps are inside (near the input drive that goes into the housing). The new version has the body threaded near the input drive, and long hex cap bolts that are exposed. The problem was that the starter was in the way of the top two bolts.

Ultimately, I took the end cap off the pump, put the top two bolts through it, mounted the pump to the housing, cut slots for the top two bolt holes in a milling machine, slide the cap under the top two bolts, and then put the bottom two bolts in normally. It was about three days worth of cussing, and crying, but I got it done. The final solution was a lot easier than it sounds, and you can't really tell it wasn't supposed to be that way. Anyway, I'll find the info tonight, and post back.
    Life is short, time is precious, buy enough tractor!

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler, Case 580 Super M Series 2

I actually ordered mine off Amazon:

Amazon.com: New Massey Ferguson Charge Pump Fits 154 174 194: Home Improvement

The part number I used was 2824932M91. You can see in their terrible picture that the nuts are visible, but in the current version, the bolt caps would be in their place.

The same pump shows up on Ebay as well:

New Massey Ferguson Charge Pump 3300930M91 2824932M91 Fits MF 154 174 194 | eBay
    Life is short, time is precious, buy enough tractor!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12