How is this Hyd Valve Supposed to be Positioned?

/ How is this Hyd Valve Supposed to be Positioned? #1  

Rford

Gold Member
Tractor
1966 Ford 2000 Diesel 8sp
MF 231 with Loader and rear hydraulic connectors.

I'm not real swift on working the loader and the 3pt. I can get everything to work, but the markings are worn off the draft control and things don't seem to work quite like the owner's manual says they should on the 3pt. The loader seems slow to respond and I don't think it lifts as high as it should. Fluid is good. I can get the 3pt to raise the tiller up to the "transport" position but have trouble getting it to lift and hold the tiller just a few inches off the ground. Again, that might just be me and I need to reread the manual.

But the culprit might be this valve control that sits right under/front of the seat. But the owner's manual doesn't mention it and I don't know where its supposed to be when running the attachments so I have it straight up.

Can anyone tell me if this is right or where this valve should be positioned for different tasks? Thanks

Attachments

• Valve.jpg
    Valve.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 231
   / How is this Hyd Valve Supposed to be Positioned? #2  
Valve looks like the same one on cousin's 65, allows three point pump to use aux valve or three point hitch, but not both at same time. When set for three point aux is shut off. When used for aux three point control must be set for constant pumping, or pump will stop working when lift arms reach top of travel and internal linkage shuts off pump delivery.

/ How is this Hyd Valve Supposed to be Positioned? #3  
looks the same as on my BIL's 135... on his, point it forward for 3-pt operation, point it to rear for loader operation (3-pt lever in up position).
as Dieseltech says, it's one or the other, so straight up is a probably a no-no.

Pete

/ How is this Hyd Valve Supposed to be Positioned?
Both the loader and the 3pt work at the same time...when I've switched the lever to one side or the other it seems like things don't work right or as well so I've settled on this "in between" position. But it's just a guess....I'll try some more experimentation with it this weekend.

/ How is this Hyd Valve Supposed to be Positioned? #5  
When the switch on my Kubota is switched one way, it only allows 3pt, and switched the other way, allows both 3pt and aux.

Is there supposed to be a middle setting, or three lever positions.

You could install a pressure gage and test some things.