Tractor
    MF 205-4

Default MF 205-4 Stopped running

Hi,
    We have a MF 205-4 that we were driving along and it just stopped. Found that fuel was flowing up to the injector pump ok. Performed the procedure to bleed air etc. but still no start. No fuel was coming from the injector pump so we removed the pump to have it tested and/or rebuilt. After a lot of searching we are still looking for a place that will test and then rebuild if necessary. Anyone have any sources for this?
    Thanks,
    Steve

Tractor
    MF 285 Long 560 MF2670 CX100

Default Re: MF 205-4 Stopped running

Vaughn and Bush out of La. Thats were I send all of mine to be repaired.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE hst cab

Since it just stopped, first thing id check would be all the safety switches. I have found numerous times that the seat switch will kill a tractor fast if its either dirty, clogged up or broken.

you need an electrical tester to check both sides of the switch. Also check all fuses and the master fuse .
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Silver Member
    Tractor
    MF 85 diesel

Diesel-Kiki is now Zexel, you have pump model PES2K, I have same one on my 205-2 that I take to garden tractor plow days. Has oil been changed in pump cambox as it should be? May have damaged cam and/or bearings. Were all gears OK in front of engine that drive pump? May be serious damage, or may be a stuck rack. Last PES K I repaired was from a Ford compact tractor, was nothing damaged, found later it was timed wrong at engine overhaul.

Tractor
    New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Ferguson TO-30

[QUOTE=beeberry;2784444]Hi,
    We have a MF 205-4 that we were driving along and it just stopped. Found that fuel was flowing up to the injector pump ok. Performed the procedure to bleed air etc. but still no start. No fuel was coming from the injector pump so we removed the pump to have it tested and/or rebuilt. After a lot of searching we are still looking for a place that will test and then rebuild if necessary. Anyone have any sources for this?
    Thanks,
    Steve[/QUOTE

Did you get fuel out of the tank to the filter?

Tractor
    MF 205-4

Thanks for all the replies. The engine would turn over but would not start so I think safety switches are good. Found all gears to be OK and timing marks were on. We confirmed fuel flow up to the injecton pump.

Dieseltech, Thanks for the pump model info. Is this for the Toyosha engine? Haven't had the tractor long and didn't know about the oil in the cambox so damage could be as you stated. Is there a rebuild kit that can be purchased and would any special tools be needed to rebuild the pump?

jlsmith, do you have more info. on Vaughn and Bush? Do they have a website?

Thanks again,
    Steve

Silver Member
    Tractor
    MF 85 diesel

Tractor and engine is made by Toyosha, any diesel injection shop in your area that works with Bosch and Zexel should be able to check out your pump.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 205-4

Hello Steve,
    Did you ever get your Pump rebuilt? There isn't much to rebuilding the Fuel pump on those, as long as you can get the parts for it. I also have a 205-4 that needs to have the 2 Cylinder Diesel Engine rebuilt. But I can't find any one to do the job . I was hoping you would Know someone that did that, If you do- please drop me a line to Rogerboboauctioneer@gmail.com ( Please put Massey Ferguson 205-4 in the subject line) I would greatly appreciate it. Or if anyone else would know of someone (Hopefully in Ohio) that does Over Hauling or Sells an Overhaul Kit, Please contact me. I love my Tractor but not so much when it don't run.. Thanks Roger B