New member MF 5465 will not start

/ New member MF 5465 will not start #11  
We are having a hard time getting our 5465 to start also, good shot of starting fluid only way it would start until today, we did unhook our glo- plugs as to not damage the motor with starting fluid, runs perfectly normal when it's running, any cures?

I see your up in Maine, sounds like it's a fuel problem. Where do you get your fuel? In the winter cold, it's a must to run off road fuel that is cut for the winter. I also add anti gel additive in it. Most heating oil companies sell it and sometimes propane suppliers. Do you have a block heater? If not that's a must have.

Best thing to do is thaw out the tractor with a torpedo heater. If the tractor isn't in a shelter that cant easily be heated up, drape a big tarp over it and throw some weight on the edges of the tarp. Put the heater under the tarp carefully not to ignite anything on fire and turn that into a hot air balloon. Let it flambé for a few hours to thaw out and then give it a try.

Chances are fuel is gelled up even if you use an additive in regular pump diesel. I would also change the fuel filter before starting. Throw that starting fluid away, that will cook your diesel motor quick! With A block heater and good fuel that tractor should start up with no problems.

/ New member MF 5465 will not start #13  
I have the same issue, it's summer, 70 plus degrees. Starts only on either. NEW pump and injectors. Compression is good

/ New member MF 5465 will not start #14  
I see your up in Maine, sounds like it's a fuel problem. Where do you get your fuel? In the winter cold, it's a must to run off road fuel that is cut for the winter. I also add anti gel additive in it. Most heating oil companies sell it and sometimes propane suppliers. Do you have a block heater? If not that's a must have.

Best thing to do is thaw out the tractor with a torpedo heater. If the tractor isn't in a shelter that cant easily be heated up, drape a big tarp over it and throw some weight on the edges of the tarp. Put the heater under the tarp carefully not to ignite anything on fire and turn that into a hot air balloon. Let it flambé for a few hours to thaw out and then give it a try.

Chances are fuel is gelled up even if you use an additive in regular pump diesel. I would also change the fuel filter before starting. Throw that starting fluid away, that will cook your diesel motor quick! With A block heater and good fuel that tractor should start up with no problems.
I have same issue, ether start only. Will not start when hot needs ether.New pump and injectors. Compression is good. 70 plus degrees

/ New member MF 5465 will not start #15  
I have same issue, ether start only. Will not start when hot needs ether.New pump and injectors. Compression is good. 70 plus degrees
prob best to keep using the topic you created, maybe edit that topic title to say won't start.
that way not getting answers for same issue on 2 topics.

/ New member MF 5465 will not start #16  
5465MF starts only on ether. Injectors are new, pump is new, engine overhauled. Will not start when engine is cold or hot on its own, always needs a sniff of ether. Crankshaft sensor is new, wire from sensor to injection pump repaired, was open. Is the ECM faulty. Codes that came up were deleted. When cranking over, tachometer on dash jumps from 0 to 1000 , erratically.