GC 2300 wont start

/ GC 2300 wont start #21  
How do you bypass jump the starter? I don't think I am doing it right. Thanks.

/ GC 2300 wont start #22  
If you run a set of jumper cables, directly from a known good battery to the starter, and it does not try to crank, I would pull the starter, and take it to a local rebuilder.

How many hours?

/ GC 2300 wont start #23  
What am I touching on the starter? The hot wire in? Ignition on/off or doesn't matter? 220 hours. Sorry for all of the questions...I am a novice.

/ GC 2300 wont start #24  
Yes, you want to touch the hot terminal on the starter, with a cable hooked to the positive terminal on the battery.

Use the other cable to provide a ground.

The ignition won't matter. You just want to see if the starter cranks.

It's unlikely the starter has failed, if your tractor only has 220 hours.

Check the ground strap from the engine to the frame. You can test the ground by using a jumper cable from the negative terminal on the battery to the engine. And, try using the key to start it.

/ GC 2300 wont start #25  
If all of your connections are good-can you do a load test on your battery? Even though the volts are there it could still be bad enough to not hold a load.

/ GC 2300 wont start #26  
Tried everything you guys suggested. Need to do a load test on the battery. Shows green in the window. Wierd thing is that the blinker and hazards work. The front lights do not work. Weird inconsistent buzzing/clicking when you turn the ignition...sounds like it coming from under the instrument panel. The solenoid does engage but not consistently.

Thanks for your help.

/ GC 2300 wont start #27  
Tried everything you guys suggested. Need to do a load test on the battery. Shows green in the window. Wierd thing is that the blinker and hazards work. The front lights do not work. Weird inconsistent buzzing/clicking when you turn the ignition...sounds like it coming from under the instrument panel. The solenoid does engage but not consistently.

Thanks for your help.

You did not give the results of testing the starter?

Never trust the "eye" window on a battery.

Testing always needs to be done with a known good battery. Take one from a vehicle if necessary.

One member reported failure of the ignition switch. He dissembled it, and repaired it.

/ GC 2300 wont start #28  
The starter did nothing when I jumpted it. Also, tested the ground strap on the engine...nothing. Battery is original..2005.

/ GC 2300 wont start #29  
If you used the battery in the tractor to test it, then you probably wasted your time.

Even if the battery is not your problem today, (and I will bet you it is), you still need to look at replacing it, because it is on borrowed time.

I suggest an Interstate MT-51. It's a Honda battery, so most stocking dealers have one in stock. If you haggle with them for a cash and carry price, you can get one for under $80. And it is a really good battery.

/ GC 2300 wont start #30  
Thanks. I knew I was pushing it with the battery. I just didn't think it was the battery because it started a day earlier.