GC 2300 wont start

/ GC 2300 wont start #41  
The ignition switch could a suspect.

I believe there was a broken wire, or corrosion on one.

/ GC 2300 wont start #42  
So just for my own knowledge. I can't directly jump the starter if there is a bad switch or the ignition is bad.

/ GC 2300 wont start #43  
So just for my own knowledge. I can't directly jump the starter if there is a bad switch or the ignition is bad.

No, if you do it right, I believe you still should be able to jump the starter, regardless of what other things may, or may not be wrong with it.

The fact that you have no dash lights, suggests you may have some sort of electrical problem. I would focus on that right now.

/ GC 2300 wont start #44  
Well, looked at the ignition today. A corroded mess with a disconnected wire. Tough to get in there and see without pulling it out. Do I have to replace or is this something I can fix?

/ GC 2300 wont start #45  
Someone recently repaired one that was described the same way as yours. I don't remember if he give any details, hopefully he will respond for you.

For the record, so we know if this is going to be a problem for the rest of us:
Did you wash it a lot? Did it sit out? Did it sit in a damp place?

/ GC 2300 wont start #46  
It is out and covered with a tarp. Not washed and typically in a dry area of my property. I am still a little miffed that I can't jump the starter.

/ GC 2300 wont start #47  
Don't worry about that yet.

Looks like $60 gets you a new switch.

Sure beats the cost of a starter.

/ GC 2300 wont start #48  
If you can solder, clean and re-attach the broken wire. Or, clean it, and try an alligator clip jumper.

Then you can verify if it runs.

/ GC 2300 wont start #49  
Any updates?

/ GC 2300 wont start #50  
Haven't ventured outside this weekend. Below freezing and snow last night. I may monkey with it tomorrow. Thanks.