GC 2300 wont start

/ GC 2300 wont start #71  
Sadly, it's not uncommon for someone new like the original poster, to appear on here with a question like this, and not hear from them again. This not only doesn't help everyone else, it makes it hard to want to spend a lot of time helping the next one.
I feel your frustration but that is how many humans operate when they are desperate and in of need of help they turn to sites like this to help us out. Once they get their problem fixed they are gone ,without even what you found or a thank you..
I have seen on fishing sites where there will be 150 viewers 10 members and the rest are what I call "potlickers" they contribute nothing they come here get their free info and are gone, til next time they are in need ..
:confused:

/ GC 2300 wont start #72  
I feel your frustration but that is how many humans operate when they are desperate and in of need of help they turn to sites like this to help us out. Once they get their problem fixed they are gone ,without even what you found or a thank you..
I have seen on fishing sites where there will be 150 viewers 10 members and the rest are what I call "potlickers" they contribute nothing they come here get their free info and are gone, til next time they are in need ..
:confused:

This forum on TBN, is by far the best resource for GC owners.

We all benefit greatly from each others experiences, and even from their misfortunes.

If some don't realize that, and choose not to participate, it's mostly their loss.

/ GC 2300 wont start #73  
Wow. Tough Crowd. I own a GC2300 and have had very few problems over the years. My AGM battery just quit and replaced with another Deka from East Penn. Now have problems starting, so on to this site. All suggestions have been great and will follow up. However, I will pay my "dues" and report back, as well in the future, as to my progress. Reminds me when I get in to McDonalds and the over 80 crowd want to know just where I have been. Thoes WW2 guys are tough and I try to keep up with them. Being a Viet Nam Marine helps, but NOT much ! I thank everyone on this site for their help.

/ GC 2300 wont start #74  
Wow. Tough Crowd. I own a GC2300 and have had very few problems over the years. My AGM battery just quit and replaced with another Deka from East Penn. Now have problems starting, so on to this site. All suggestions have been great and will follow up. However, I will pay my "dues" and report back, as well in the future, as to my progress. Reminds me when I get in to McDonalds and the over 80 crowd want to know just where I have been. Thoes WW2 guys are tough and I try to keep up with them. Being a Viet Nam Marine helps, but NOT much ! I thank everyone on this site for their help.

Mike, as you can see if you have been reading, everyone here is willing to put in their time to help others.

Someone providing follow up information, is not about paying their dues. It's just a simple courtesy.

It helps us all. But, it helps the next guy in the exact same situation, the most.

Thanks for reading first, and posting second. Many answers are here for the searching.

Feel free to start a new thread, with details of you problem, if you continue to have issues.

/ GC 2300 wont start #75  
switch.png2.png
Ray66vv ironically my switch failed today , the plastic cover under the switch actually appears to have been holding moisture ,not positive but appears to be the ground wire that broke on my gc2300 and am goin to try and resolder . and will post a pic
what happened i was removing the bushings on the power steering bolts on the steering column and i grabbed the bottom of the switch and moved it so i could better access my bolts when i went to restart there were no dash lights at all and it would not crank. i started trouble shooting and found the wire loose .
Thank you ray for all the time you put into helping us newbies to the repair board has really helped me ..

Mike thank you for your servive and military sacrifice.

Last edited:
   / GC 2300 wont start #76  
Thanks Fragger; good luck on your repair.

/ GC 2300 wont start #77  
My gc2300 stopped dead. I had been mowing with a rear 4 ft hvy duty rotary mower, stopped, the engine died. Headlight and directional lights worked but no dash lights. No fuel pump noise and the starter did not engage when I turned key to start it.
I checked a bunch of things thanks to all the info in this and similar threads - no luck. Couldn't find some of the fuses until I reviewed chassis manual which indicated the 4 way fuse box right rear of the engine. A 5 amp. 2, 15 amp and a 10 amp fuse live there. It was the 10 amp fuse that energizes the fuel pump and dash lights. Didn't see why that would prevent starter from engaging but replaced that and HOORAY, the machine started. Will have to see if it happens again and will need further (expensive) troubleshooting but working now. Many thanks to this forum and the many respondents. Saved me a lot of time and money!!!!

/ GC 2300 wont start #78  
I remember someone taking theirs apart.

I probably would try.

I am hoping to find out which wire breaks off, and see if I can take the strain off of it.

ray,
I know this post was a zillion years ago, but, since it is corrosion, not so much strain, causing the wire to break off, would there be any harm it slathering dielectric grease over the whole end of that switch before it starts turning all green and such? -and would it do any good, either?

/ GC 2300 wont start #79  
I don’t think it’s just corrosion.

And, I don’t think the dielectric grease will hurt anything.

/ GC 2300 wont start #80  
Hi everyone. I am having a similar problem but with a ~ 2015 GC1710 .

Really good grounds.
Ignition switch appears to be perfect working order zero corrosion.
All fuses appear to be okay.
Strong battery working alternator.

Key won't engage starter solenoid.
Glow plug lights are on almost permanently.
Returning the key to 'off' position get a buzzing from glow plug relay.
Four way flashers on and I get a sick clicking and buzzing from relay that operates the flashers.

I can jump the starter from the current battery it starts up fine runs nearly flawless. A bit erratic but settles down and purs throughout the rpm range. I've had it running for 30min.
Key will not cut off the engine.

I'm lost! Any suggestions out there? Appreciate the thought. Here's a YouTube link of the machine. Thanks

I'm to new to embed links. I can message you the video link perhaps?