5465 tranmission problem

/ 5465 tranmission problem #1  

mudcity loop

Tractor
4225/4255/5465
my dyna 4 transmission in my 5465 when it gets warm wants to go into two different ranges ie: 1,2 1,4 2,3 ect. If you wait about 5 to 10 seconds it will drop into a range and move. If you engage the clutch it will go backc into the two range deal. Tractor is fine as long as you use the forward reverser, but the minute you touch the clutch it screws up again.

/ 5465 tranmission problem #2  
Are the numbers flashing in a sequence? Like a code? Could be your clutch switch acting up. Some of the early ones screwed up after a few hundred hours when they got hot. Very similar symptoms, runs all day until you push in the clutch.

/ 5465 tranmission problem #3  
On MF 5400's the first thing to cause problems is the clutch switch, then you can move onto codes etc.

/ 5465 tranmission problem
Yes the numbers are flashing like a code. 4 quick flashes then 2 slow then 3 slow

/ 5465 tranmission problem #5  
Bottom of clutch switch for sure. code 23 is BOC switch. Needs to be calibrated when installed. You can sneak by for a while if you take the panel under the dash off to get more air at it & keep it cool. I've had that trick work for weeks.

/ 5465 tranmission problem #6  
The other trick is a shot of WD40 into it. BTW, although it looks like you need to take the dash and clutch pedal assembly apart to change the switch, you don't. Just undo the 3 bolts on the engine side of the firewall and remove the whole clutch and mount down and out. Would have saved me a couple of hours on my 5455.

/ 5465 tranmission problem #7  
How do you calibrate. Is it in service manual. Haven't bought service manual yet.