mf3060 clutch problem

/ mf3060 clutch problem #1  

ben h

Tractor
mf 3060
Hi, I hope you can help me. The clutch on my mf 3060 has stopped working! There is pressure on the clutch pedal but it wont go in gear. There doesn't seem to be much movement on the slave cylinder. Brakes are fine.

/ mf3060 clutch problem #2  
G'day Ben and :welcome: it sound like you might need to bleed the clutch for starters and see if that helps. To bleed the system you will find a soft rubber hose running from the valve just under the bonnet in front of the clutch m/cyl back down to the l/h side of the trans, you need to blank this off with a pr of vice grips and then with the engine running have someone pump the clutch a couple of times then while they hold it down you need to release the fluid. The bleeder on these is on the l/h side of the bellhousing in behind the cab mount and it looks like a hyd test port coupling, just get a small screwdriver and push the centre pin in. You will get oil spraying everywhere they are a fool of an idea:confused2:.
Good luck and let us know how you get on

Jon

/ mf3060 clutch problem
Thanks Jon, have already bled the clutch but it is no different. Anymore suggestions are weilcome. Thanks for replying. Ben.

/ mf3060 clutch problem #4  
G'day Ben I don't mean to be rude but did you bleed the way I told you? If you didn't then there is a fair chance there is still air in the system I have had to do this 3 or 4 times on some tractors to get them right:(:confused2:

Jon

/ mf3060 clutch problem
Hi Jon, have just tried bleeding the clutch the way you told me. Have done it three times but it is still the same. Ben

/ mf3060 clutch problem #6  
Ben, I have the similar problem. How did you get this resolved?

Others: any Idea what type/grade of fluid should use? Thanks