Loader MF 2660 with DL250 Loader Bends too Easily

/ MF 2660 with DL250 Loader Bends too Easily #1  

JWR

Elite Member
Tractor
MF 2660 LP, 3 Kubota B2150, Kubota BX2200, MH Pacer, Gravely 5660, etc.
The same NEW tractor reported on in spring 2011 with poor brakes (fixed) and fuel starvation on steep ground (fixed) and clutch not fully engaging (fixed maybe ...) had yet another disease: In trying to pry a blown down tree up out of the ground with the corner of the bucket, the loader frame bent -- bent enough that the bucket was about 2 to 3 inches lower on one side than the other. This alarm was put to consultation with 2 dealers and thoroughly inspected by one. No paint cracks nor welds broken nor ANY sign of where the bend is/was yet it was clearly there. An hour or more of taking measurements did not reveal where the bend was either. I finally "unbent it" by lifting up with the opposite corner of the bucket and sure enough it was easily bent back to level. TOO EASILY in my opinion. If the tractor has the power to bend the loader I say it should never have been sold with that loader (!) In my view the MF2650/60/70/80 HD series machines should never have been sold with the DL 250 loader and should have been equipped with the heavier DL 260. I have no proof that the DL260 would not bend under the same situation but it surely is less likely.

I have been astounded that no one other than myself has posted anything about an MF2650/60/70 or 80 on this forum in over a year. Anyone know how many were sold ?

Any comment on the loader situation described above ?

/ MF 2660 with DL250 Loader Bends too Easily #2  
Should have had the heavier loader. Not at all suprised that 2660 could bend that DL250. That loader belongs on the lighter 2635, 2615 tractors that would loose traction before bending the loader. Would probably work in a light duty application. Prying a tree out of the ground with the corner of the bucket not being it. Wouldn't do it that way myself anyhow.

The heavier dl280 loader that's used on the 2670/2680 would be ideal. more like the 1070 that used to go on the 481/583 tractors. You wouldn't bend one of those.

/ MF 2660 with DL250 Loader Bends too Easily #3  
That is why ALO is the supplier of the bigger loaders. If I ever buy a bigger tractor, or a loader for the 1635, it will be an ALO!

/ MF 2660 with DL250 Loader Bends too Easily
Should have had the heavier loader. Not at all suprised that 2660 could bend that DL250. That loader belongs on the lighter 2635, 2615 tractors that would loose traction before bending the loader. Would probably work in a light duty application. Prying a tree out of the ground with the corner of the bucket not being it. Wouldn't do it that way myself anyhow.

The heavier dl280 loader that's used on the 2670/2680 would be ideal. more like the 1070 that used to go on the 481/583 tractors. You wouldn't bend one of those.

The 260 loader is listed by Massey in their brochures for all 4 2650/60/70/80 but the 280 is only listed for the 2670/80, not for my 2660. I agree the 250 loader belongs on the smaller machines.

I am puzzled by the complete absence of ANY 2600 HD series owners on here. In over a year I have never seen another owner on the forum. Did they sell many in your area ?

/ MF 2660 with DL250 Loader Bends too Easily #5  
How wide is your bucket the wider buckets are worse for this. Most loader manuals warn you not to pry on loads with only a corner. I have with my Kubota without ill effect lots of time but its not good for it, great way to tweak a loader or tip your tractor over. If I can, I let the heel of the bucket rest on the ground while doing this to take the load off the loader arms.

/ MF 2660 with DL250 Loader Bends too Easily
How wide is your bucket the wider buckets are worse for this. Most loader manuals warn you not to pry on loads with only a corner. I have with my Kubota without ill effect lots of time but its not good for it, great way to tweak a loader or tip your tractor over. If I can, I let the heel of the bucket rest on the ground while doing this to take the load off the loader arms.

I use a 76 inch Construction Attachment (CAL) brand bucket that is a 4-in-1 "pinch bucket." The bucket itself is 1000 lbs and works great. My previous tractor (JD4700) doing the exact same sorts of not-advisable-things certainly never bent and never flinched. No sign of give, but was a smaller machine. You need to do a lot of things when cleaning up an old farm. Using the Deere I sometimes tipped a rear wheel up in the air but that is not going to happen with the MF2660. Bush hog on the back in both cases.

The larger Kubota loaders look stronger. However, the Japanese just don't seem to realize some of us work steep ground & the Kubota's rear wheels won't go far enough apart for what I do.

/ MF 2660 with DL250 Loader Bends too Easily #7  
I use a 76 inch Construction Attachment (CAL) brand bucket that is a 4-in-1 "pinch bucket." The bucket itself is 1000 lbs and works great. My previous tractor (JD4700) doing the exact same sorts of not-advisable-things certainly never bent and never flinched. No sign of give, but was a smaller machine. You need to do a lot of things when cleaning up an old farm. Using the Deere I sometimes tipped a rear wheel up in the air but that is not going to happen with the MF2660. Bush hog on the back in both cases.

The larger Kubota loaders look stronger. However, the Japanese just don't seem to realize some of us work steep ground & the Kubota's rear wheels won't go far enough apart for what I do.

The larger Kubota loaders are orange ALO loaders. They are stronger.

/ MF 2660 with DL250 Loader Bends too Easily #8  
Not in the US, and you can get the Kubota LA series loaders in Canada now too as a cheaper option to the ALO/Kubota branded ones.

The larger Kubota loaders are orange ALO loaders. They are stronger.