Oil & Fuel Checking transmission oil level for GC2310

/ Checking transmission oil level for GC2310 #1  

kentmatlack

Tractor
Massey Fergunson
I love my 2005 MF GC2310. Have put it to good use pulling stumps and cleaning up after the October storm that hit CT. I really have been bad since I bought it at checking the transmission oil. thought about it and looked for the sight glass a couple of times but it wasn't easy to I just keep working it.

Tonight I finally got into it and found the sight glass but it seems to me that it is completely blocked by the Backhoe. Is it necessary to remove the backhoe to check the transmission oil. I hope not!

Any one know? This could save me some time, effort, and embarrassment if I find there is an easy solution.

thanks

/ Checking transmission oil level for GC2310 #2  
kentmatlack-- see my reply in your other posting-- it IS possible, but only if you hit just the right viewing angle.

/ Checking transmission oil level for GC2310
"You can also pull the pins, and use the boom to let the upper backhoe move attachment area move away, leaving the lower attachment points in the cradle. This will open a gap between the upper rear area of the tractor, and the backhoe, allowing you to get in there." Irvingj's words. thanks. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

I will try to follow this advice with the tractor in front of me. hope i can also access the fill port.
regards.