New to me GC2300, pics and questions inside

/ New to me GC2300, pics and questions inside #1  

a5t1

Silver Member
Tractor
Toolcat 5600
All,

My tractor history has been a small honda riding mower, Allis Chalmers B10, Simplicity Sunstar and now the GC2300. The MF is amazing, I got it with a FEL and MMM, 26x hours on it. I do have a few questions:

1.) I saw a CD on ebay with the manuals, owners manual, etc. It's $40...is this a scam? The dealer (closest one is 40 miles away) wants $30 for the owners and $125 for the service manual.

2.) Is my reservoir tank cap broken?
20120430213337421.jpg

3.)What is the handle that connects the mower deck on the font of the tractor do?

20120430213302651.jpg

4.)I've seen some controllers with a plastic cover and some without, this is an earlier GC2300, am I missing one?
20120430213224722.jpg

I'm already going to build a skid plate for the hydro filter.

Can someone tell me the correct procedure on filling the hydro using the sight glass (I've read it should be 1/2 full)?

Also, the PTO engagement levers, what is the proper procedure to use them?

Last question -

Anyone with a MMM, it seems really loud to me. The spindles feel fine in the deck, is it just really loud?

Only complaint so far is I emailed Massey and told them I bought a used tractor and would really like a hat. They sent me a link to their apparel page.:(

/ New to me GC2300, pics and questions inside #2  
The handle for the MMM, there is a pin you pull out then you move the handle and the front bracket can be removed when you remove the MMM.

/ New to me GC2300, pics and questions inside #3  
You should get a manual for the tractor at least, FEL and MMM maybe, service manual if you think you need one. My dealer let me use theirs anytime I need it and so far have not needed it. The The overflow hose is broke off the cap should not be a problem. The handle is to release the front bracket for the MMM. The cover for the FEL controller is there for looks and to hold the color codes for the hoses. Make sure you mark the hoses so you do not get them mixed up. Skid plate is up to you I have 670hrs with a lot of FEL and BH work and have not had a problem with the filter. If you are planning to go into the woods with stumps I would think it. The fill for the hyd. fluid is in the middle of the rear under the rear sheet metal and 1/2 glass is fine. The way I use the PTO levers is I select the PTO lever I will be using 540 rear or 2000 mid (MMM) and then only use the main PTO lever to start and stop the PTO selected. Yes the MMM is loud, you have 3 large heavy blades spinning but check the idler pulley there is no drain hole in mine and water can set in the pulley and can get into the bearing and ruin it. I had to beg my dealer for a hat.

Doug

/ New to me GC2300, pics and questions inside #4  
Here's what he coolant bottle looks --should look-- like. The broken part is just for the overboard overflow tube (clear one). It just goes down to drain below the frame.

Right on about the colors on the plastic cover- here's what mine look like, but there have been some color codes on these tractors that weren't labeled correctly....

Attachments

• coolant bottle.JPG
    coolant bottle.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 271
  • joystick cover.JPG
    joystick cover.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 403
   / New to me GC2300, pics and questions inside #5  
All,

My tractor history has been a small honda riding mower, Allis Chalmers B10, Simplicity Sunstar and now the GC2300. The MF is amazing, I got it with a FEL and MMM, 26x hours on it. I do have a few questions:

1.) I saw a CD on ebay with the manuals, owners manual, etc. It's $40...is this a scam? The dealer (closest one is 40 miles away) wants $30 for the owners and $125 for the service manual.
You can get the service manual for $109 from AGCO Pubs and I think the GC2300 may be available on CD even cheaper. The owners manual is also cheaper so check out AGCO Pubs first.

2.) Is my reservoir tank cap broken?
20120430213337421.jpg

Sorry cant see the picture from work

3.)What is the handle that connects the mower deck on the font of the tractor do?

20120430213302651.jpg

4.)I've seen some controllers with a plastic cover and some without, this is an earlier GC2300, am I missing one?
20120430213224722.jpg

I'm already going to build a skid plate for the hydro filter.

Can someone tell me the correct procedure on filling the hydro using the sight glass (I've read it should be 1/2 full)?

Also, the PTO engagement levers, what is the proper procedure to use them?

Last question -

Anyone with a MMM, it seems really loud to me. The spindles feel fine in the deck, is it just really loud?
All decks with three blades are pretty loudiits the type of noise like does it sound like a helicopter?

Only complaint so far is I emailed Massey and told them I bought a used tractor and would really like a hat. They sent me a link to their apparel page.:(

Thats typical :)

/ New to me GC2300, pics and questions inside
Thank you all.

BTW, my serial is L-TXXXX. I haven't found a reference for that, can anyone help?

I don't think it's that new. I have no JDM on the serial, what I posted is the whole thing..

/ New to me GC2300, pics and questions inside #9  
cdaigle430 said:
Thats typical :)

They send a nice package to new tractor owners.

OP - go to agcopubs.com. And you can either download manuals or they will ship you printed versions.

I just bought the manuals on DVD. They didn't have an option to download them that I saw. You select the .pdf, add it to a DVD and then they'll mail them to you. It's about 1/2 the price of buying them locally from the dealer.

I'm still curious on the serial number as it doesn't follow the convention I've seen posted here.