180 Diesel Gen. to VReg. wiring..??

/ 180 Diesel Gen. to VReg. wiring..?? #1  

DJ54

Elite Member
Tractor
IH Farmall 656 gas/ IH 240 Utility/ 2, Super C Farmalls/ 2, Farmall A's/ Farmall BN/McCormick-Deering OS-6/McCormick-Deering O-4/ '36 Farmall F-12/ 480 Case hoe. '65 Ford 2000 3 cyl., 4 spd. w/3 spd Aux. Trans
Hoping FWJ or Sounguy see's this...

Could someone check and verify, the attached picture of the wiring diagram of the 180 diesel..?? I need to know if the wiring from the generator, to vreg is correct, as shown in this picture. This is direct from the AGCO Partsbook. It shows "A" post to "F" terminal, and "F" post, to "G" terminal...( Huh..??)

It looks bass-ackwards to me, but I'm an IH guy... "A" post to Gen, and "F" post to "F" terminal, on the IH's.

I have a Jensales reprint Service manual, but it shows absolutely nothing of the electrical system.

Attachments

• Massey 180 Wiring diagram.jpg
    Massey 180 Wiring diagram.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 7,900
   / 180 Diesel Gen. to VReg. wiring..?? #2  
I believe you are correct and would make sure gen field is hooked to reg field terminal, gen Armature terminal should be hooked to reg Armature or Generator, have seen regulators marked either way.

/ 180 Diesel Gen. to VReg. wiring..??
I did. I was double checking the wiring, as it is not the original harness. Wired up by PO, so thought I'd double check before polarizing.

I checked several Massey models on the AGCO Partsbook, but the 180 is the only one that shows the wire colors, from point "A" to point "B". I wonder how many reg's. have been toasted over the years following this page. :(