GC 2325 blades

/ GC 2325 blades #1  

blackd

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar FX24D replaced with Massey GC2400
Double posted in the GC2400 upgrades thread. Posted here for max visibility.

GC 2325 blades. The price of MF blades is crazy. Has anyone tried this combination? Oregon 91-584 with a 02-452 (3/4" X 1") adapter. Blade sp[ecs are: L 20 15/16" Ctr hole 1" W 2.5" and thickness .25". Total price for 3 blades, adapters and shipping is $48.08 (there is a 10% discount) from Lawn Mower Parts .

Except for the Ctr hole it matches the MF 3606888M1 blade.

Oregon blades can be found here: http://oregonchain.com/OEP/pdfs/2010...esByLength.pdf

/ GC 2325 blades
Same thickness. My dealer is charging $40 + tax per blade. The only issue may be the hole on the bushing. I think the shaft is right at 3/4", so if anyone has tried them, let me know.

/ GC 2325 blades #4  
Double posted in the GC2400 upgrades thread. Posted here for max visibility.

GC 2325 blades. The price of MF blades is crazy. Has anyone tried this combination? Oregon 91-584 with a 02-452 (3/4" X 1") adapter. Blade sp[ecs are: L 20 15/16" Ctr hole 1" W 2.5" and thickness .25". Total price for 3 blades, adapters and shipping is $48.08 (there is a 10% discount) from Lawn Mower Parts .

Except for the Ctr hole it matches the MF 3606888M1 blade.

Oregon blades can be found here: http://oregonchain.com/OEP/pdfs/2010...esByLength.pdf

I found that mower blades for anything are crazy, my husqvarna blades at the box stores were around 22 bucks each for a 48" deck.

/ GC 2325 blades
Got the blades today. Laid one on top of an old blade and they are pretty close. Same length. Same width. Same thickness. The formed/drop section is shorter on the new blade. Don't ex[ect that to be a problem.

1" Center hole with 1" to 3/4" adapter to be tested for fit on spindle next. Won't get to it for several days. Will let your folks know results.

/ GC 2325 blades
Well I got around to trying to install the blades and the adapter is a touch too small. I will ream them out to fit the spindle, but not today.

My plan is to drop the right blade and use the nut to size the a bolt of that size and use that to measure when I ream the adapters to size. Remember this needs to be done only once as the inserts are reusable.

An addendum, it looks like the Oregon blades with a center hole of .822 are designed to fit the the metric (I am guessing here) spindles. I can not find a blade of the same width and thickness. Length of ~21 inches might work very well. Just a touch on the grinder of each tip should make them safely fit. Remember as soon as the blades are used the tips begin to wear.

Speaking of wear, around here, the soil is relatively sandy and the tips wear, but the back/lift side of the blade wears quite extensively. I get ~1 year out of a set.

So the decision is still ~$45-50 for a set versus ~$125-130.

Last edited:
   / GC 2325 blades
Update. Instead of buying a $5.50 20MM metric bolt, I took the spacers to the hardware and fit them there. They are fine. I chucked them into my vice and used a cheap harbor freight grinder that coincidentally is 20MM to enlarge the holes. A small container of water to cool them as I worked was needed. Total time to work them to the correct size was ~20-30 minutes. Now I can replace my expensive blades with these ~1/3 the price.

Now to install them and see if they last longer than the OEM blades. Now that I have spacers I might try alternative blade types with 1" center holes.

/ GC 2325 blades #8  
Speaking of wear, around here, the soil is relatively sandy and the tips wear, but the back/lift side of the blade wears quite extensively. I get ~1 year out of a set.

don't mean to hi-hack this thread... I've read on several threads here about guys replacing mower blades frequently.
I mow about 2.5 acres of grass around the house, and some walking paths thru and behind the woods. I've had my Kubota TG1860G with 54" deck for 13 years and sharpen the blades 2 or 3 times a year.
I'm still on the original blades, they look fine--- what am I doing wrong ???

Pete

Last edited:
   / GC 2325 blades
You are lucky. Bring it down here and cut this ?grass? greenery and see if it lasts.

When I first moved into my 3+ acre lot, ~1/3 was wild black berry vines, and much of the remainder was covered with trumpet vines, the greener that holds SoMD together. We have dry spells nearly every year, guess what remains green during those spells? ;)

/ GC 2325 blades #10  
blackd, got any pics of the mods, step by step?:thumbsup: