3-Point Hitch TSC CountyLine Post Hole Digger

/ TSC CountyLine Post Hole Digger #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Hi,
Looking at a 3ph digger for my GC2410-TSC has one for sale at a pretty decent price and I was hoping someone here has one setup on their GC series. Will it fit my GC2410 and how reliable? Any tips?

CountyLineョ Post Hole Digger
Manufacturers Number: 24045500
Brand: CountyLineョ
Hitch Category: 1 & 2
Boom: 2-7/8 in. High Strength Tubing
A-Frame: 2-7/8 in. High Strength Tubing

With a 6" auger I'm looking at $600.

/ TSC CountyLine Post Hole Digger #2  
I'm doubt the TSC post hole digger will work because they don't mention compatibility with subcompacts. We manufacture a post hole digger especially for small compact/subcompact tractors so you'll have enough clearance to lift the auger out of the ground. They are equipped with a 2" round output shaft and use a standard 48" auger. We offer free ground shipping to your door within 1000 miles of Newton, NC and very reasonable shipping rates outside of the free zone. Check out the details and video on our website here. You can't go wrong with an EverythingAttachments post hole digger!!

Last edited:
   / TSC CountyLine Post Hole Digger #3  
I have the unit you are looking at...I use it on a Farmall and a Massey F 135....I got the 12" auger...works well, but I'm thinking if you try it on sub-compact, you probably will be disappointed....BobG in VA

/ TSC CountyLine Post Hole Digger
I'm doubt the TSC post hole digger will work because they don't mention compatibility with subcompacts. We manufacture a post hole digger especially for small compact/subcompact tractors so you'll have enough clearance to lift the auger out of the ground. They are equipped with a 2" round output shaft and use a standard 48" auger. We offer free ground shipping to your door within 1000 miles of Newton, NC and very reasonable shipping rates outside of the free zone. Check out the details and video on our website here. You can't go wrong with an EverythingAttachments post hole digger!!

I'll have to give it a think.

/ TSC CountyLine Post Hole Digger #5  
I bought one 5 weeks ago and just sold it for almost same price I bought it for. I made the fence holes I needed and didn't think having it sit around would create any value for me.

9" auger and used it to make 180 holes for a fence I put around my cabin that sits on 5a. 39" field fence (9-39-6) plus 2 single strands of 12g cl 3 galv. wire above to protect the field fence in case a tree fell on it. We are in a 100% treed lot with no open space other than what we cut.

Auger worked flawlessly and I dug the holes 4' deep with 4' of post above ground. If you go to the SpeeCo website they make the Tractor Supply one I bought (said on back of users manual) and stickers saying SpeeCo on some of the parts still

I used it on a Kubota B2620. After 180 holes looked like brand new other than some paint wearing off the carbide cutting edges.

tricks?

1)slow on the rpm. 1,100 - 1,200 worked great. Too fast and the holes go out of rnd and the auger wobbles. No need to spin it fast as it dug the 4' hole in less than a minute even after raising the bit 1x-2x to keep hole clean.

2) slow on dropping the auger with the 3pt hitch control. Drop too fast and auger bit would lean to one side. Any sign of going off vertical and a quick little up tick of the 3 pt control and the lean straightened itself right out.

3) clean the hole during the drill process. 1/2 way through a 4' hole I would lift the auger almost out of the hole to clear some of the cutting out. Otherwsie when it got down to the bottom I feared it just might not pull out at the lower rpms.

the Speeco site says will Class 0, 1 or 2 3 pt will work up to 65hp.
Comes with bushing for Cl 1 and 2 in the kit already from TS.

if I had unlimited cash then for sure I would have prefered to pound the post in OR a hyd. unit that has more finese control would be prefered. But at $550 for auger, cutting edges, spiral bolt on pt, and the post hole unit I had no complaints.

/ TSC CountyLine Post Hole Digger #6  

Attachments

• auger.jpg
    auger.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 3,738