3-Point Hitch MF 1455V

/ MF 1455V #1  

nwatts

Tractor
Massey 1455V
I need some help and couldn't find a thread that spoke of 3pt hitch issues.

I have a 1445v that has 600 hrs and I was plowing my garden and the the lift stopped working, I was a little low on fluid, so i replaced the fluid but still not working but the FEL is working fine. I have looked all over the whole thing and for the life of me can not find the hydraulic filter. Any ideas. This is a new tractor to me and I dont have a service manual for it.
I did try bleeding the pump on the side of the engine but all that got me was the lift arms coming up very slowly but as soon as you put weight on them they stop.

Any help greatly apperciated.

/ MF 1455V #2  
nwatts said:
I need some help and couldn't find a thread that spoke of 3pt hitch issues.

I have a 1445v that has 600 hrs and I was plowing my garden and the the lift stopped working, I was a little low on fluid, so i replaced the fluid but still not working but the FEL is working fine. I have looked all over the whole thing and for the life of me can not find the hydraulic filter. Any ideas. This is a new tractor to me and I dont have a service manual for it.
I did try bleeding the pump on the side of the engine but all that got me was the lift arms coming up very slowly but as soon as you put weight on them they stop.

Any help greatly apperciated.

Well don't know if this will help or not. I have a new 1526 and I had trouble with the three point hitch not raising or very slowly. My loader was working fine. Took it to the dealer and we bypassed the loader and the three point hitch worked good then. The problem was the relief valve on the loader control itself. They shimmed the relief valve and all is well now

/ MF 1455V #3  
Oil flow goes from the pump, thru the loader valve (if equipped), to the 3 point and back to tank. If there happen to be quick couplers between the loader valve and the tractor (not the loader valve and the loader) check there first. If not, I would suspect a seal in either the slow return valve or the safety valve. Both of thses are locatesd at the frotn of the lift arm housing.