MF175 Spin out wheel needed/HELP needed

/ MF175 Spin out wheel needed/HELP needed #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
Could someone give me some ideas where I could find a spin out rim for a MF 175. A friend needs a new rim for it and we can not find much locally. Used would be great but anything will be a help.
I don't know a lot about the machine but it currently has the spin out rims with 16.9x28 tires on them. What is the correct rim size (I seen one listed as 11" but not sure if that is the right rim)
Any savage yards (in WV would be great, but anywhere will be a help) that may sell them?
Thank you

/ MF175 Spin out wheel needed/HELP needed #2  
Tire size you have listed should be 14 inches wide, 28 inch rim diameter. 4 rail rims are also used on other make tractors too, but can have different hole type drilled for stop adjuster. Some ramps have straight drilled, others are angle drilled through the ramp. Steiners in Michigan shows some new rims listed, not sure if they have 14 inch wide though, 13 may be their widest. Have seen spin out rims on Ford and IH models too, will help to widen your salvage yard search but remember to check angle of ramp stop bolt holes.

/ MF175 Spin out wheel needed/HELP needed #3  
Rail drillings are described as either 90 degree or parallel. 90 degree stops have the drillings oriented 90 degrees to the rail, or perpendicular to it. Parallel stops have the drillings oriented parallel to the tractor's rear axle shaft.
An adequate description of the rim you need should include width and diameter (14x28), the number of rails, and the orientation of the stop drillings.

/ MF175 Spin out wheel needed/HELP needed
Thank you, is it safe to say all mf175 used the same spin out rim or if I find a 175 rim could it be different?

/ MF175 Spin out wheel needed/HELP needed #5  
Thank you, is it safe to say all mf175 used the same spin out rim or if I find a 175 rim could it be different?

You would have to find someone that knows a lot more about MF tractors than I to answer that. I know a fair bit about Fords and one thing I know for certain is not to use works like NEVER and ALWAYS. If you use the descriptive terminology I have outlined above to describe your rim and source another, it won't matter whether it comes off a MF, AC, Ford or anything else.

/ MF175 Spin out wheel needed/HELP needed #6  
Good luck with the search, i used to drive a 178 in the early 80s with them, it was always chewing up the blocks on wheel dish which cost a fortune to replace it was called PAVT system Power adjustable variable track.
It was a bit alarming on the road when you hit the brakes and the tractor carried on moving as the wheels rolled around the track widening the track, and then the same happened when you started off till it hit the stops:D

Nige over in the very wet but Royal UK:thumbsup:

/ MF175 Spin out wheel needed/HELP needed
Wow, this sounds like it is a bit of a challenge. When I need a rim for my cub it took about 2 minutes to find one, doesn't look like this will be so easy! Thanks for the help, I had no idea there was no standard so this will make it easier to make sure I get the right thing the first time.

/ MF175 Spin out wheel needed/HELP needed #8  
Do a search for HEY Machinery. they will have your rims. I bought some rims for my tractor from them. They're really good people