Massey Ferguson 1526

/ Massey Ferguson 1526 #1  

radrock

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1526 Hydrostat
   / Massey Ferguson 1526 #2  
I went to our local dealer to pick up a filter for the 1635 & spotted one sitting on the lot. All I can say is it is a HUGE improvement over the 1523 that it replaced. The axle housings look like they are beefier, love the new diff lock over the 1523. The split brakes are nice, and the rad looks much beefier too, and they added an overflow, which the 1523 did not have. Guessing the bigger rad is for the EGR? Folding ROPS is a bonus too.

Wonder why no factory joystick?

Here is a side by side shot of a 1526 sitting beside a GC2410 for those that asked.

:)

Last edited:
   / Massey Ferguson 1526 #3  
That's odd, it has turf tires. Most pictures i see are r-4s. Turf good for mowing grass. I like the r-4s myself.

/ Massey Ferguson 1526 #4  
That's odd, it has turf tires. Most pictures i see are r-4s. Turf good for mowing grass. I like the r-4s myself.

Turfs are good for more than that. They are a superior tire in the snow, clean off better both snow and mud, and give a superior ride to R4's.

Owned one set of R4, never will again.

/ Massey Ferguson 1526
WilliamBos said:
I went to our local dealer to pick up a filter for the 1635 & spotted one sitting on the lot. All I can say is it is a HUGE improvement over the 1523 that it replaced. The axle housings look like they are beefier, love the new diff lock over the 1523. The split brakes are nice, and the rad looks much beefier too, and they added an overflow, which the 1523 did not have. Guessing the bigger rad is for the EGR? Folding ROPS is a bonus too.

Wonder why no factory joystick?

Here is a side by side shot of a 1526 sitting beside a GC2410 for those that asked.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2182954090064803886EHIsJq

:)

That must have been a gear transmission as mine only has the one brake pedal and no clutch my diff lock is on the left side and you can engage it with the heel of your left foot. Don't know if that one is any different

/ Massey Ferguson 1526
I have the R-4 on mine and I like them. They are very wide and flat and don't seem to tear up the grass when mowing. A lot better than my last tractor which had ag tires

/ Massey Ferguson 1526
Those turf tires must be shorter than the R-4 tires. Your picture looks like there isn't much height difference compared to this one. This is a GC 2610 but I think it and the GC 2410 are the same frame and tire size

Attachments

• image-1334608139.jpg
    image-1334608139.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 527
  • image-2217397997.jpg
    image-2217397997.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 1,071
   / Massey Ferguson 1526
Oops. Didn't mean to put the dash picture up there

/ Massey Ferguson 1526 #9  
Radrock since you started this thread, your tires are close to my 1423 in size. With the FEL on, how much air pressure would you have in the front tires. I put 30 lbs. in my front, an 25 in the back with the hoe on. Should you put more in the back because the hoe is heavy, or not. Just asking.

/ Massey Ferguson 1526
My front tires are 25x8.5-14 and the book says 50 on the front and the rear is 14-17.5 and the book says 30. I let some of the air out of the tires and run them a little with less air. I think I'm running 35 in the front and about 25 in the back. We have lots of flint rock around here and that can slice a tire up very quick. It works better with low tire pressure. I can't see any squat in the tires at all even with a bucket of dirt in the loader. Yes you would generally run a little more air in the back with a hoe on it but I'd look them over real good and if there is not too much squatting in the tire you are probably OK. I would think that your book would show that but maybe not. It would probably be in the book for your hoe. You would be surprised at how little air some equipment takes. I run motor graders all of the time that weigh 40,000 and they only take 35 lbs of air in those tires. If you overinflate them they will bounce like crazy.