Oil & Fuel Sediment Bowl.......

/ Sediment Bowl....... #1  

VA TO30

Tractor
52' Massey Ferguson TO-30
Hi all,

I am the proud owner of a sweet 52' TO30. I need to replace the sediment bowl since the thumb screw is leaking fuel after multiple attempts to stop the leak. After looking at the position of the sediment bowl and theory behind it, is there any way I could eliminate the sediment bowl completely and install an inline fuel filter instead? Has anyone done this or can anyone offer insight on this matter good or bad? Thanks in advance

/ Sediment Bowl.......
Anyone....buller....buller.....please!

/ Sediment Bowl....... #3  
I'm not familiar with this bowl but all these are, obviously, is a fuel filter. Having this type allowed for easy in-field service and draining of water. But a modern paper filter would serve the exact same purpose and I wouldn't hesitate to try it. I had an old Farmall that had a paper filter that replaced the bowl.

/ Sediment Bowl....... #4  
Hi va to30.
If you remove the complete assembly from the fuel tank and go to the shop that sells fuel filter assemblies ,the one you want is a C.A.V unit with a Sedimentor glass bowl, which has a handy little water drain tap on the bottom of the glass bowl this filter assembly will fit onto the fuel tank with a 90 degree elbow ,brass or stainless steel is best if you feel it needs aditional support make a small bracket .
the C.A.V filters are very cheap to replace i suggest you buy half a dozen spares.
Happy days
Hutch.