bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response

/ bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response #11  
to J Smith. I am new at this and do not know what pm ypu is. if you can help me, I welcome it. I don't know what else to do. I get sick each time I get on my tractor and, as I said, Agco is not even contacting me, much less doing anything. I just can't understand how a major company can just ignore their customers. Thank you for your help.

I will send you a message with my phone number so we can talk and see what we can do.

/ bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response
The tractor was dirty, and when I washed it, I found eight hail dents in the hood. the hood fit about an inch low and an inch to the right. the right front tire had a plug in it. the left front tire had 12 lbs of air. the right rear had 7 lbs. the air cleaner cover was on upside down and had a clip broken. it took 2 hands to work the hand throttle. two pivot bolts in the throttle linkage were loose and the foot throttle hung at 2000 rpm and had to be pulled up by hand to get it unstuck. it would take up to 11 tries with the fuel shutoff knob to kill the tractor, and that is pulling with all my strength. I took the tractor back to the dealer and they tried to adjust the hood and finally took the hood off another tractor and replaced it and scratched the hood and the cowl that hods the instrument cluster, broke the rubber seal that is at the back of the hood. they told me that all 2605's had the hard to kill problem, and if they try to adjust it, they will mess up the throttle. the dealer finally replaced the fuel shutoff cable and it worked ok for about a week and now it usually takes about three tries to kill it. they also left a fuel line loose at the injector pump. when I showed them the scratches on the hood, they just said "that's collateral damage".

/ bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response #13  
The tractor was dirty, and when I washed it, I found eight hail dents in the hood. the hood fit about an inch low and an inch to the right. the right front tire had a plug in it. the left front tire had 12 lbs of air. the right rear had 7 lbs. the air cleaner cover was on upside down and had a clip broken. it took 2 hands to work the hand throttle. two pivot bolts in the throttle linkage were loose and the foot throttle hung at 2000 rpm and had to be pulled up by hand to get it unstuck. it would take up to 11 tries with the fuel shutoff knob to kill the tractor, and that is pulling with all my strength. I took the tractor back to the dealer and they tried to adjust the hood and finally took the hood off another tractor and replaced it and scratched the hood and the cowl that hods the instrument cluster, broke the rubber seal that is at the back of the hood. they told me that all 2605's had the hard to kill problem, and if they try to adjust it, they will mess up the throttle. the dealer finally replaced the fuel shutoff cable and it worked ok for about a week and now it usually takes about three tries to kill it. they also left a fuel line loose at the injector pump. when I showed them the scratches on the hood, they just said "that's collateral damage".

Something doesnt add up here? You said "The tractor was dirty, and when I washed it, I found eight hail dents in the hood. The hood fit about an inch low and an inch to the right." So the tractor was dirty when you bought it from the dealership so are you implying that you bought this tractor used, and you found a plug in one of the tires? How many hours were on it when you bought it? This is definitely a dealership\customer issue but your Agco rep can help arbitrate between you and the dealer.

/ bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response
answers to cdaigle. the tractor had 3 hours on it. it is a new tractor.

also for Jsmith. thanks for listening to me. also I forgot to tell you that the hood has a couple of places that look as if it had debris in the paint when it was painted and then the debris brushed off.

thanks for your questions. the tractor had three hours on it and it is new. it was sold to me as a new one.

thanks for your question. the tractor had 3 hours on it when I bought it and it is supposed to be new. I paid for a new one. please feel free to ask me anything about this situation. I will stay with it until agco/massey ferguson contacts me and gets thing right.

I bought the tractor with three hours on it. I paid a new price for it and it is supposed to be new. I still have not any reply from agco or massey ferguson, so I will keep on with my crusade until they do

I finaly received a call fro Agco today. The man basically told me that they make the tractors and the dealers sell them and that this is the dealer's problem. When I asked him about his warranty which says they warranty against defects in materials and workmanship for two years or two thousand hours, the phone went silent.

/ bought new 2605 massey ferguson, had problems from the start, wrote agco, no response #19  
But have you talked to your local AGCO rep yet?

I sent a messege to agco requesting the name and number of the area rep, but they have not contacted me. This morning I received a call from my dealer. after us missing each other, i went to the dealer and we talked about the problems I have had with their dealership and it's people. I am supposed to take the tractor in Monday morning. hopefully this will get resolved. I certainly hope so. thanks for your concern.