52 TO30 Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement

/ 52 TO30 Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement #1  

VA TO30

Tractor
52' Massey Ferguson TO-30
All,

I found out that I need a new exhaust manifold gasket on my TO30. Looking at the 8 or so bolts that hold the manifold on it doesn't seem that I can get access to atleast 50% of the bolts due to clearance issues between the bolts and the manifold. Can anyone provide any further insight on how I can go about removing all of the bolts so I can replace the gasket??

Thanks!

/ 52 TO30 Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement #2  
The last time I had mine off (about 15 years ago) I had some difficulty get onto some of the bolts especially the middle ones. I used an open end wrench,a lot of pentrating oil and patience and got them off.

/ 52 TO30 Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement #3  
All,

I found out that I need a new exhaust manifold gasket on my TO30. Looking at the 8 or so bolts that hold the manifold on it doesn't seem that I can get access to atleast 50% of the bolts due to clearance issues between the bolts and the manifold. Can anyone provide any further insight on how I can go about removing all of the bolts so I can replace the gasket??

Thanks!
I plan on replacing all of my exhaust from the manifold back. Here's what I have planned. First you need to remove the gas tank. Why? You can't clearly put a socket on it from the front but you can access it from above as already mentioned. Use a line wrench if you can't get full clearance with a boxed end. An open end as last resort. It's pretty easy to remove the tank. If you need to use heat to free up the bolt, then no gas danger.