massy ferguson AD4-203 engine

/ massy ferguson AD4-203 engine #1  

steve42rich

Tractor
165 massey ferguson
is it possible to remove the oil pan by only removing bottome front axcel bolts that only connect to oil pan and equal the weight betwteen back and front of engine perkins engine Ad4-203 i need it to be as simple as possible i have no help just myself thanks steve

/ massy ferguson AD4-203 engine #2  
Should be able to, but loosten other front bolts so about 1/16 inch gap is at pan with lower bolts out. That is how I do all Masseys I work on, no support jack needed.

/ massy ferguson AD4-203 engine
Ok thanks Dieseltech man i was needing some good news i just need to replace 1st cylinder sleeve from front

what happens if the sleeve is so thin at the bottom you cant catch the lip to pull on it there seems to be a lip in the block that the sleeve sits on is this true thanks steve

/ massy ferguson AD4-203 engine #5  
G,Dat steve.
As dieseltech suggests ,Also if you loosen the axle bolts that are staying there and slip two pieces of say 1/8 flat plate in there next to the bolt shanks and retighten them this will give you some clearance to get the sump of and keep everything secure.
To remove the liner ,if you are good with a welder you can run a bead of weid up the liner and it will shrink enough to pull out by hand ,make sure you dont go through the liner into the block or you will have some cleaning up to do.
The other way to remove the liner is with a large screwdriver the one with the steeel all the way through the handle ,form the end on a bench grinder and make the end with a curve on it so that the screwdriver does not dig into and mark the block ,carefully using the screwdriver crack the top flange off the liner and carefully drive the screwdriver down the outside between the liner and the block
be carefull and you will be able to create a TRACK down the liner and you will find that when you are about three inches from the bottom the liner will start to get loose and will be able to remove by hand .

WEAR EYE PROTECTION.
Happy days.
Hutch.

Hey thanks Shona13 what i found when i pulled the oil pan off was half of the lower part of piston and some realy thin pieces in the pan that look like sleeve to me is this possible the piston hole looks smooth iam not sure that i have any sleeve at the bottom half of my block is it smooth like the sleeve iam going to try the screwdriver ideal i think that will work