Massey Ferguson 1010 value

/ Massey Ferguson 1010 value #1  

jcgj

Tractor
none yet
I am considering purchasing a used Massey Ferguson 1010 tractor. It has a manual transmission and is is good working order. Its primary function will be to scape an 800 ft driveway. Has about 1000 hours on it. Any information on it's suitability and value would be appreciated.

/ Massey Ferguson 1010 value #2  
Welcome to the forum. The Massey 1010 are great reliable tractors. A fair price for one would be in the $5000 range.My 1020 has over 4500 hours on it without any issues.

/ Massey Ferguson 1010 value #3  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Massey Ferguson Owning/Operating Forum.

/ Massey Ferguson 1010 value #4  
I would think $2000 is a fair price. Engine parts are almost impossible to find. I have owned about 10 of them.

/ Massey Ferguson 1010 value #5  
We traded one in for a kioti dk40se . I like that little tractor a lot it took a year to find a alternator for it had yo jump start it every day until i found the alternator in canada . But i grew upon mf, ford long, international, jd . If i could have kept the 1010 i would of got tired trying to keep it running.

/ Massey Ferguson 1010 value #6  
I've got one and like it a lot. You may want to put some weights on the front end depending on how much the scrape blade weighs. I had a weight rack fabbed up that bolts to the front end and which accepts current MF weights on the front end of the "box". You did not say if this one has 4WD or not, or whether it has ag tires or turfs. For your use, you may want ag tires. Turfs may not work so well without chains.

I have turfs and use mine in the fall to handle a 250 lb aerator with no issues.

It can be hard to find parts. There are dealers around that can get them however. What you need to know is that Hinomoto made these tractors for different brands, so there are import tractor dealers who can match up parts. The good news is that if the tractor has been well cared for you may not need many parts. Filters are commonly available at NAPA.

/ Massey Ferguson 1010 value #7  
image-1480653518.jpg

I miss the old girl