Brush hog $2500.00 tops

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops
Thanks for all the replys the cutting will be mainly grass and brush i also would like to able to cut some saplings that are coming out the wooded area faster that i can walk we have approx a little over 200 acres but only about 40 open i would like to keep that # i was thinking of a 72in medium duty but with so many makes out there it is difficult to choose unless you have a lot of experience with a particular brand i tried to buy some used ones but the ones i could find were all beat up

Stuart

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #12  
craigslist has yeilded many used hogs in my local for chaper$ money than new.. with respect to condition..e tc..

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #13  
george930 said:
Thanks for all the replys the cutting will be mainly grass and brush i also would like to able to cut some saplings that are coming out the wooded area faster that i can walk we have approx a little over 200 acres but only about 40 open i would like to keep that # i was thinking of a 72in medium duty but with so many makes out there it is difficult to choose unless you have a lot of experience with a particular brand i tried to buy some used ones but the ones i could find were all beat up

Stuart

40 acres is a lot for regular twice monthly mowing with a six foot brush hog but would be pretty manageable if you are only trying to contain brush by mowing once or twice a year. With your budget I'd personally go for a medium or heavy duty six foot brush hog and only cut enough to maintain the pasture rather than grooming. A six foot Woods BrushBull 720 would do the job and fit your budget new.

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #14  
wow.. 40? if I cut tha tmore than 2x per year it would only be with a 15 or 20' mower.. :) who wants to take a tent and survival rations out with you to mow. a 6' mower on 40ac.. :) grass wi;ll be grown back up in the front by the time you cut it all in the rear.. :)

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #16  
Lman,
If I lived that close to Brown I would own one of those already!

Cobble said:

Cobble,
Do you have a Brown unit? If so, what model and how do you like it? I've been looking for a good used Brown 472 or Bush Hog 296 and have had a hard time finding one. I finally found a Brown unit for sale and I think I'm going to buy it if we can make a deal. I'd love to know more opinions on them. They seem like top of the line cutters and at least equal to (even more substantial) to any of the other medium duty cutters. (I'm talking TRUE medium duty with 90+ hp gearboxes) and I'm surprised more people don't own them. The price seems like a great value for what you get, even new.

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #17  
I've owned several rotary cutters over the past decades and currently own an old 5' Dunham, a Woods BB720X 6', a Woods BB840X 7' (just bought and still unusued) and a Woods DSM 1260 10 1/2' three point mounted model. As you can tell I prefer Woods. I've had less expensive cutters in the past but decided that I do not wish to buy any more so I bought HD models. What to buy depends upon what you plan to cut and how often. With 45 PTO HP, I would not recommend anything larger than a 6' cutter unless you plan to cut often or slowly or you are simply clipping animal pasture. Insist upon a roller bearing tail wheel unless you like to change tail wheel bushings.

SDT

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #18  
I have a 6' HD Land Pride with slip clutch on my MF 1455V
Works good, perfect fit.
price wise...1750$
Hope thid helps