Brush hog $2500.00 tops

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #1  

george930

Tractor
massey ferguson 1660
Hy guys i always read a lot but never post anything but i have wanted to buy a brush hog all year long and i am losing ground as i watch it what would the best make model for me i do not abuse things but want it to do its job my tractor is a MF1660 thanks for any reply

Stuart

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #2  
george930 said:
Hy guys i always read a lot but never post anything but i have wanted to buy a brush hog all year long and i am losing ground as i watch it what would the best make model for me i do not abuse things but want it to do its job my tractor is a MF1660 thanks for any reply

Stuart

Welcome!

I prefer Woods rotary cutters. All shapes and sizes to fit your needs and budget. Excellent quality and reputation.

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #3  
with 60 engine and 46 pto hp, i'd say you are in the teritory to tote a very heavy duty 6, or a lighter duty 7.. or a light/medium duty twin spindle 8

i say lighter 7 as they are usually single spindle and stick out the rear a long way .. are usually as hard as an 8' dual spindle almost.

howse makes a good 8' cutter in that price range. for similar money.. probably something like a kodiak as well.

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #4  
You have the hp for an 8' dual spindle, just make sure you have enough tractor front end weight. Keep the loader on and you should be good. Also will depend on how thick your brush is, size of brush, and how fast you want to mow at. After first time through it will be easier on machine. As far as brands - Bush Hog, Kodiak, Howse, Landpride. Once you get into that size the cheaper guys don't even make them. If buying used remember the phrase " BUYER BEWARE", they are selling it for a reason. I bought used from a dealer and still got a busted unit. Good luck.

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #5  
Tell us what you plan to do with mower and what type material your cutting. Heavy brush, just grass, need to get into tight places etc.

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #7  
There are many choices out there but i'll let you know what our favorites are. They come from great American companies that have been building rotary cutters for generations. King Kutter makes a nice heavy duty cutter with 2 tailwheels, a 60hp gearbox and slip clutch that would work great with your tractor. They also ship for free within 1,000 miles of Newton, NC to a business or supporting freight terminal. Check them out here along with an informative video we made. If you don't need that heavy, Fred Cain makes a great cutter with a 75hp gearbox, slip clutch and single tailwheel that is sufficient for many applications. We have those here.

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #8  
I just realized you put a limit of 2500.00 in the thread title. You are probably going to wind up with a six footer. Last I knew the eights were around 3500.00.

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #9  
admittedly.. it's been a few years.. but my 10' howse was 2400$ new in the box ( er.. crate.. ) :)

an 8' might? be that ballpark?

OMG.. just googled one. 3400$ for that now!!!!

yikes!

/ Brush hog $2500.00 tops #10  
I'd like to suggest looking for a good condition used one...I just picked up a heavy duty 6' for $700.00, he wanted 800.00, I offered 600.00 and we split the diff....great shape, no rust, slip clutch, nice tight gear box...you could have money left for another attachment by buying used, just sayin'...:)

Rich