Tractor
    MF 451 FWD

Default MF DL250 Loader - joystick or not

I have a local dealer quoting putting a DL205 loader on my 2005 451 Tractor. The dealer is recommending a pedestal mounted joystick valve for DL205 loader. It is a little pricey, do you really need one? I am creating roads through bush. I just wanted know if having it makes the bucket use easier. i am a novice, so not sure this option work for me.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by donnyviking
    I have a local dealer quoting putting a DL205 loader on my 2005 451 Tractor. The dealer is recommending a pedestal mounted joystick valve for DL205 loader. It is a little pricey, do you really need one? I am creating roads through bush. I just wanted know if having it makes the bucket use easier. i am a novice, so not sure this option work for me.

The pedsistall mount joystic is simpler to use. You have to move it in differnt directions to get different loader functions. I have found that they are also more convenient because it doesn't require reaching forward to loader arm mount to operate the loader. I hope I am thinking of the correct mount.

Tractor
    MF 451 FWD

Default Re: MF DL250 Loader - joystick or not

Mike,

Thanks for the information. That is exactly the feedback I was looking for.

Tractor
    traded MF135 for a 2605 4x4

Having used both, the only thing I found to be a + with the joy stick on the DL250 is the float feature. The Ford 4000 ind backhoe has the old style (as it is a 60s model) and I like it as well but am old school any way. If I had a choice and the joy stick cost very much more, would have went to the lever valves.

Tractor
    MF 2660 LP, Kubota B2150, Kubota BX2200, MH Pacer, Gravely 5660, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    Having used both, the only thing I found to be a + with the joy stick on the DL250 is the float feature. The Ford 4000 ind backhoe has the old style (as it is a 60s model) and I like it as well but am old school any way. If I had a choice and the joy stick cost very much more, would have went to the lever valves.
    First comment is the joystick and the valve are two different things. They make loader valves with the joystick mounted right on the valve body (typical of a MF2615 installation for example) and also make the joystick coupled by cables to the valve body (like mine and most of the larger 50 hp and above tractors.) I have a MF2660 low profile with DL250 loader. The cable joystick normally used is the same one on a NIMCO CV432 loader valve on your 400 series tractor as it is on mine with a CV152 loader valve (going by the AGCO Parts Book.) They are good solid joysticks and claim to be heavy duty. I find the pedestal mounted one I have very convenient and "in the right place" both for seat to stick access and for not being in the way if I want to climb on and off the tractor on that side. Others I have seen (e.g. the 2615 that use the joystick right on the valve body) inherently means that all 6 hoses going to the valve body and all 4 coming out are up there "somewhat in the way." Ten hoses can get in the way. There's a lot to be said for mounting the valve body down underneath and out of the way with all that plumbing and just the joystick with 2 cables up where you can reach it. But back to the functionality of what you are getting: By far the majority of loader valves have a detent in the "lower the boom" axis only and none in the curl-the-bucket axis. My John Deere 4700 was that way and it was lovable. Right stuff. My DL250 loader has a detent in both axis which I find unnecessarily fancy. The detent in the curl axis (going into regen or "float") is intended to allow very quick gravity drops of your load without waiting on the hydraulics. My valve was unfortunately mismanufactured and never would force the bucket tip down because of the detent in the curl axis. NIMCO is sending me a fix which I hope will correct that issue. I know if I had a choice, I'd go with simplicity and reliability and have a detent only in the boom axis. It depends a lot on how you intend to use it.

Meanwhile, if you are doing "roads thru brush" -- I know this costs but ... -- a 4-in-1 bucket (or else a grapple equipped bucket) is indispensable in that sort of work. Being able to pick up limbs and small trees and debris without leaving the tractor seat is priceless in practice. There are many 3rd party "pinch buckets" as I call them on the market.
    jwr
    ------------------------------------------------------
    MF2660 LowProfile, 7', 5' and 4' BushHogs, Orsi Articulated boom hydraulic rotary cutter, Landpride 6' finish mower, Kubota BX2200, Two Kubota B2150's, 5' snowblower, 6' blade, scraper box, Gravely 1983 w/sulky, mower & snow blower, misc. attachments. Pequea 1018 deckover trailer, half interest in Massey Harris Pacer family heirloom... and a lot of junk...

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Some valves are adaptable for joystick or levers for each spool.

Your choice.

You will probably find that joystick valves are easier to use.

This valve for a loader can be used either way. The joystick kit is on the right .

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.a...name=hydraulic
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.