Wiring Diagram

/ Wiring Diagram #11  
It looks like no one is at home. Almost a week since his question. Guess he moved on.

/ Wiring Diagram
MasseyWV I never did receive that PM with the wiring diagram

- - - Updated - - -

/ Wiring Diagram #13  

I sent it to you yesterday, immediately after posting. Regardless, I just forwarded it to you again.

/ Wiring Diagram #14  
Could I get a copy of that wiring diagram if it is for a MF 135. I have a 73' model.

/ Wiring Diagram #16  
cpkwilson said:
Could I also get a copy of the diagram to my email? cpkwilson@centurytel.net

Thanks

This is a simplified version of the OP manual of the electrical on a diesel 135 w/alternator using your existing gauges.

/ Wiring Diagram #17  
Is this diagram drawn looking at the back view of the gauges? Looking at the back of my ammeter, whick I intend to replace with a volt meter, the + in on the left - on the right. Also it looks like one of the wires from the start switch is going to my light switch. I believe my lights are getting power from the ammeter. How do I need to tie them in? Also I'm a little confused on which wires are what on the back on the oil pressure switch. Just started rewiring my 135 yesterday after reading and/or viewing some of the other post and diagrams. I removed the voltage regulator and have wired it similar to this diagram. I'm getting the alternator checked sometime this week to see if it's working properly. I know the ammeter pegs out at high rpms. Just got my tractor back from a local dealer for fuel system issues. They fixed that but, have totaly screwed up the wiring.

/ Wiring Diagram #18  
CP the diagram shows load going thru the ampmeter. If your going with a voltmeter, take the two leads from the ampmeter and wire nut them together or solder and cover with shrink tubing. You may also add a small wire at the tie point to run to a voltmeter. You can add lights to your gauges from a wire run to the light switch. The voltmeter will also require a ground. FYI and ampmeter has a + and - on the back. The + goes to the wire that is routed to 12V. The - is routed in the circuit that eventually is grounded. Ampmeters and Voltmeters and two different animals. The ampmeter is in line with the electrical load and measure all load on the generator. A voltmeter is just that. Works the same as a portable volt meter. You can take the alternator to a place like Autozone and they will check it for free.. I'm using a Delco 10 SI which has two terminal plug and one large terminal that goes to the battery indirectly. The 10 SI actually only uses two wires. One is jumped to the big hot wire and the other goes to the ignition switch.

Just remember if you dealing with a diesel there are other components comes into play. The oil pressure switch plays a role in the charging circuit and voltage to the gas gauge. No oil pressure no charging. You also have a neutral safety switch in the circuit that prevents engine starting when in gear. The diagrams shows all that.

/ Wiring Diagram #19  
It is a 135 diesel. The dealer also replaced the oil pressure unit. Does it matter how the wires are hooked up to the oil pressure switch? The dealer also installed a new voltage regulator that I have removed according to the post I've read. According to them it was bad. You think they would know that the alternator has its' own regulator.

/ Wiring Diagram #20  
cpkwilson said:
It is a 135 diesel. The dealer also replaced the oil pressure unit. Does it matter how the wires are hooked up to the oil pressure switch? The dealer also installed a new voltage regulator that I have removed according to the post I've read. According to them it was bad. You think they would know that the alternator has its' own regulator.

First off. What type of alternator do you have? Do you have one with diodes and is self regulating? Mine is a Delco 10SI self regulating. The reason I ask. If it's self regulating (built in) like most modern alternators then the dealer didn't need to replace the voltage regulator and not needed in the circuit.

The oil pressure switch works similar to the neutral safety switch. it has two wire connections. When the oil pressure reaches operating pressure it allows voltage to pass thru it. in other words one of the terminals is HOT. Same was with the neutral safety switch. Now to answer your question "does it matter how the wires are hooked up". NO.

What you need to do is start with each gauge and trace each wire as to where they are going. Keep up with a drawing and adding as you go. Wire colors can sometimes change when a machine has been worked on in the past. you really need to trace all of your circuits out to make sure they match those diagrams I posted. There you will find your problem and learn something about the tractor at the same time. Pay close attention to connection points of more than one wire. Good luck.