240 stuck in gear

/ 240 stuck in gear #1  

jasontomitz

Hi all,

I read here a bunch, but haven't had to post much. My name is Jason. I am in Gainesboro, TN, after being in South Florida since '79 so I am a newbie :)

I bought and 240 Diesel a couple months ago. Today while bush bogging the tractor got stuck in 3rd gear. I can go from high to low range. The clutch stops the tractor but I can not get it out of gear.

Thank you in advance for any help...but I was hoping someone could give me a few ideas before I go back. There seems to be alot of knowledge around here :)

Jason

staticmap

/ 240 stuck in gear #2  
I'm not sure about your model, but that was fairly common with the older 35's. The problem was a pin under the rubber cup at the bottom of the shifter; there's a post on here somewhere that details how to remove the cover next to the shifter and take a large screwdriver to pop it out of gear. Hopefully it will work the same way for you. Best of luck

/ 240 stuck in gear
EKUgrad said:
I'm not sure about your model, but that was fairly common with the older 35's. The problem was a pin under the rubber cup at the bottom of the shifter; there's a post on here somewhere that details how to remove the cover next to the shifter and take a large screwdriver to pop it out of gear. Hopefully it will work the same way for you. Best of luck

Thank you, I will see if I can find that post.

/ 240 stuck in gear
That was the problem. Thank you again! I love this forum :)