Wel it's been a while since I tore something up......

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up...... #1  

Wacky

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 GC2610
Been doing some excavating with the ratchet rake and box-blade this weekend. Tried to climb a steep incline to get at some brush to pull down and tried to back down the hill. The tractor stopped, thought I had a hold of a stout root and locked her rear diff in, long story short, wasn't a root......it was the level ground at the bottom of the hill! Bent the brackets on the boxblade that the pins mount in, AND the upper brace that connects to the 3rd link!:eek: At least that is all repairable with a sledge hammer! Cannot believe the power of this little machine, able to bend 2 1/4" plate steel and a 1/4" steel brace. This thing continues to amaze me with how much weight it can lift and move effortlessly! VERY happy went with this instead of the orange one!!:D
By the way ray66 at 130hrs.......this parking brake is working fine:cool2:!

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up...... #2  
Replace the pins and take the brackets off and press them out would be better than beating on them.

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up...... #3  
By the way ray66 at 130hrs.......this parking brake is working fine:cool2:!

Well, you had a good long run going. LOL!

I think since it's you, we can waive the photo's or it didn't happen rule here.

Yes the machine is powerful. That, and they don't make stuff out of the kind of steel they used to.

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up...... #4  
Did something similiar with my box blade-bent 3\4" steel like it was butter-luckily I didnt bend any parts on the tractor itself.

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up......
I brought home a 10 ton porta-power from work today and cold straightened the bends. I would have thought it would have withstood more pressure. I guess it is a good thing it did bend because it could have really tore up some expensive components. Only took 10 minutes to fix!

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up...... #6  
Nice that you got off "easy" this time, Wacky!

I let my grandson (11 yrs) drive my GC for a bit yesterday... Guess I must have told him about your saga at some point, because he mentioned he was making sure the parking brake didn't kick out on its own as he stopped on a slight incline....

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up......
Nice that you got off "easy" this time, Wacky!

I let my grandson (11 yrs) drive my GC for a bit yesterday... Guess I must have told him about your saga at some point, because he mentioned he was making sure the parking brake didn't kick out on its own as he stopped on a slight incline....

LOL. It is all in the past now. But EVERY time I park on an incline, I look through the hole in the floor to see if it is FULLY engaged, lower ALL implements and turn the wheel for the least damaging route if all else fails!!

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up...... #8  
LOL. It is all in the past now. But EVERY time I park on an incline, I look through the hole in the floor to see if it is FULLY engaged, lower ALL implements and turn the wheel for the least damaging route if all else fails!!

Learn from the mistakes of others -- you can never live long enough to make them all yourself.

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up...... #9  
That, and they don't make stuff out of the kind of steel they used to.

So far this summer I discovered two small issues. I bent the right-side lift arm leveling assembly (bent where the threads enter into the assembly)...I have no idea how I did this, but I was using the tiller as ballast while moving a lot of dirt w/ the FEL over some bumpy terrain (too lazy to take the tiller off since I was going to be using the tiller again) so I'm guessing it happened then. The check-chain was short enough that it wasn't banging the lift arms into the backhoe hook-up, so I'm a little puzzled...no more using the tiller as a ballast, I'll use the yard rake.

One of the welds on the flat steel bar that connects the left and right arms of the mower deck mounting assembly broke as well. Not sure exactly what it is called...but it is the dark gray removable bracket that attaches the front of the mower deck to the tractor frame.

Oh well, easy to fix and I have all winter to deal with it.

/ Wel it's been a while since I tore something up...... #10  
JohnnyB- same as mine on the mower deck? Here's what I did:

DSC03401.JPGDSC03402.JPGDSC03403.JPG