Timing of MF65 injection pump drive gear.

/ Timing of MF65 injection pump drive gear. #1  

jaka

Tractor
MF65
I inadvertenly pulled the injection pump drive gear off of its shaft when replacing a retaining ring. Now my tractor is out of time. I'm not seeing any timing marks on the drive gear or the upper idler gear which drives it. Need help.

/ Timing of MF65 injection pump drive gear. #2  
G,Day jaka.
Is the engine Direct or indirect injection????? .
The indirect engine has the injectors straight up and down and has precombustion caps on the head next to the exhaust manifold,they are secured by three studs /nuts.
regards .
Hutch.

/ Timing of MF65 injection pump drive gear.
The injectors go in the side of the engine so I assume it's the direct injection type. I can never remember which it is.

/ Timing of MF65 injection pump drive gear. #4  
G'day jaka.
on the side? Need more information.
does the engine sump have a large wedge shaped piece on the rear part of the sump ,where it bolts onto the transmission housing???
Hutch .
P.S. take some photographs.

MF 65 General info_Page_2.jpgMF 65 General info_Page_1.jpg
See if these help

/ Timing of MF65 injection pump drive gear. #6  
G'day jaka.
When you removed the pump drive gear was it held on by three 5/16 unf setscrews?.
If it did it will have a locating dowel on the back of the gear,this dowel lines up with a slot on the pump drive hub OR the drive gear has a three bolt flange with a pump drive adaptor on the inside If you remove the drive adaptor from the gear look inside and on the pump drive gear you will see a timing LINE and look at the drive plate and you will see a corresponding LINE on it ,the pump drive spline in the centre has a Master spline and it can only go on one way so if the timing LINES dont mach up turn the pump splined shaft till everything lines up then bolt it all up and away you go.
Regards.
Hutch.

Injector and drive gear.JPGInjector and drive gear.JPGThat's wonderful advice but I'm not sure it's what I need. The injector pump drive gear is the gear that came out (the large gear in the attached picture). It has a timing mark on its outer rim but all the gears in the train have to line up and I'm not sure this is possible without taking off the front end since they all have a different number of teeth. Maybe I'm not explaining it correctly or not understanding it completely. Sorry.

/ Timing of MF65 injection pump drive gear. #8  
G'day jaka.
Remove the fuel tank and the tappet/valve cover, and the starter motor turn the engine with a large screwdriver through the starter motor hole .

There is a rubber plug on the Engine adaptor plate,where it bolts onto the transmission remove the plug and you will see the timing markson the front of the flywheel you want to line up the SPILL TIMING LINE with the line on the access hole.

Next check number one cylinder(Front of Engine) valves are closed then see if the pump DRIVE gear mark is visible if it is install the pump assembly, If not you will have to either turn the engine maybe 2000 revolutions to get everything lied up or remove the front of the tractor and the timing cover to time the engine.

To check the injector pump timing remove the PUMP inspection plate the one held on by two small setscrews and lockwire,remove the cover and look inside and make sure the(C) timing mark is aligned with the line on the large Snap Ring(Circlip) look closely and you will see the etched mark it runs through the centre of the hole in the Snap Ring rotate the pump till everything lines up and secure the pump ,that is the fuel pump timing complete.
Happy Days .
Hutch.

/ Timing of MF65 injection pump drive gear. #9  
G'day jaka.
Remove the fuel tank and the tappet/valve cover, and the starter motor turn the engine with a large screwdriver through the starter motor hole .

There is a rubber plug on the Engine adaptor plate,where it bolts onto the transmission remove the plug and you will see the timing marks on the front of the flywheel you want to line up the SPILL TIMING LINE with the line on the access hole.

Next check number one cylinder(Front of Engine) valves are closed then see if the pump DRIVE gear mark is visible if it is install the pump assembly, If not you will have to either turn the engine maybe 2000 revolutions to get everything lined up or remove the front of the tractor and the timing cover to time the engine.

To check the injector pump timing remove the PUMP inspection plate the one held on by two small setscrews and lockwire,remove the cover and look inside and make sure the(C) timing mark is aligned with the line on the large Snap Ring(Circlip) look closely and you will see the etched mark it runs through the centre of the hole in the Snap Ring rotate the pump till everything lines up and secure the pump ,that is the fuel pump timing complete.
Happy Days .
Hutch.

Thanks so much Hutch. I plan on getting started on this. I'll let you know how it works out. Appreciate your time and advice. I was wondering how I was going to get the engine to turn.

Regards.