Question on Hydraulics MF255

/ Question on Hydraulics MF255 #1  

Dark Horse

Tractor
1975 Massey Ferguson 255
I just purchased my first farm tractor 1975 MF255. It has 3 point and has a single rear remote. It only has one line and I was wondering if I can switch it to two lines for double action cylinder. All the neighbors equipment have double action cylinders and I figured it would be easier to make mine double so I can use there equipment.

My hook up is between legs there are two levers. Left one ingauges between 3 point and the hydraulics. The right controls the up down of your cylinder. My owners book don't show this style setup. It only shows hydraulics with levers by draft control to right of seat. I will try to get a pic up of what I got to make it a little easier to figure it out.

Here ya go hope this helps.

Hyd 1.jpg Hyd 3.jpg Hyd 2.jpg

Any help will be appreciated

Last edited:
   / Question on Hydraulics MF255 #2  
G,Day Dark Horse.
The best way to fix your problem would be to remove the selector valve that is on the tractor and fit a selector valve an ordinary selector valve and add a dual remote control valve which has double acting control levers.
Regards .
Hutch.

/ Question on Hydraulics MF255
So this valve assembly can not be run with two lines only one? Who would I need to contact about getting the single selector and the a dual valve body?

/ Question on Hydraulics MF255 #4  
G,day Dark Horse.
There are a few aftermarket companies that supply these parts I will do some checking and get back to you.
Regards.
Hutch.

I've been surching online buy apparently I'm not using the right words for the search. Would they be a universal part or made for the Massey, I would think they would need to be for Massey because of bolting onto the tranny.

G,day Dark Horse.
There are a few aftermarket companies that supply these parts I will do some checking and get back to you.
Regards.
Hutch.

Just wondering if you found any you had mentioned?

/ Question on Hydraulics MF255 #7  
G'day Dark Horse.
I am rereading your post but it is not making a whole lot of sense ,can you give examples of what you are going to use the hydraulics for ,the more information the easier it will be to help.
Regards.
Hutch.

I purchased a Hesston PT10 and it has a double action cylinder. The setup on the tractor as pictures has only one hookup not two that I need for a double action cylinder. Yes I know I can change out the cylinder but the neighbors new holland bailer also has a double action cylinder. I want to know if this setup on tractor can be changed to double action rather than single.

I was playing around with it an removed the hookup and plug the onl way I could get fluid out of it was to pull the draft lever back to the up position then it only flow out the line that was pluged on the left. Once I blocked that like it was I worked the right lever and no fluid. Moved draft lever back to up position and the worked right lever and I had fluid in both directions. Which didn't make sense.

/ Question on Hydraulics MF255 #9  
G'day Dark Horse.
If you go into the SPAREX website and have a look at a single spool valve part number S 101691this will give you hydraulic pressure both ways that is pull the lever and it will extend the ram and push the lever and the ram will retract.
What you need is hydraulic pressure from the selector valve under the seat to the spool valve which can be mounted somewhere handy on the right hand side of the tractor and the return from the spool can be fitted under the seat left hand side there is an allen type grub screw it is 3/8. npt ,remove the plug and fit the return hose in there.
Regards.
Hutch.