3-Point Hitch mf 235 lift issue

/ mf 235 lift issue #1  

robaton

Tractor
GA
My older model mf 235 lift is not working correctly. It is either all the way down or up. it only comes up when it wants to. I have been running a 5 ft rotary mower behind in the controls in the up position and it just comes up once in awhile. I have draft control and lift speed on this tractor. I do not know if this is a control issue or hyd pump problem. I have changed fluid and filter. I am a pretty good wrench but do not know much about the hyd system. Need some of you MF gear heads out there to help me get started to figure out my problem. thanks Robaton

/ mf 235 lift issue #2  
G'day robaton.
First thing to check is the response contol lever set it about half way between fast and slow ,the lever is on the sideplate with the hydraulic /transmission dipstick,look closely and you will see fast/slow on the quadrant.
start the engine and give the hydraulics a try.

If this does not work remove the sideplate and you will see the control lever and the pump control valve, with the tractor on idle, and the DRAFT LEVER in the up position operate the POSITION CONTROL lever through its range the lever should not loose contact with the pump roller at any time if it does give the valve a couple of flicks and see if that helps if not the hydraulic lift cover and the pump will have to be removed maybe a piece of "o" ring stuck in there.
Happy Days.
Hutch.

/ mf 235 lift issue
Thanks Hutch, I'll check that out and see what happens. Robaton