Oil & Fuel MF 2675 Fuel Guage reading wrong

/ MF 2675 Fuel Guage reading wrong #1  

Grantp

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2675 1983
I have a 2675, perkins 6.354 engine (just rebuilt) runs fine - but the fuel guage reads empty when half full, and just under half when the tank is topped up. All other electrics seem fine. Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting

/ MF 2675 Fuel Guage reading wrong #2  
I have a 2675, perkins 6.354 engine (just rebuilt) runs fine - but the fuel guage reads empty when half full, and just under half when the tank is topped up. All other electrics seem fine. Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting

At the sender.

/ MF 2675 Fuel Guage reading wrong
Okey dokey - any clues as to what I should look for - when full should it be a specific voltage or amp reading? All wires appear to be OK, and connections are tight.
Thanks.

Grant

/ MF 2675 Fuel Guage reading wrong #4  
G'day Grantp.
Remove the sender and bend the float arm down say two inches and try that and see if it is more accurate if not fit a new sender or do as most others do, Cut 18 inches of the end of mums broom and drill a hole in it ,fit a string loop and hang it up near the diesel bowser No electrics required and guaranteed to work EVERY TIME :dance1: .
Have a great day .
Regards.
Hutch.

/ MF 2675 Fuel Guage reading wrong
G'day Grantp.
Remove the sender and bend the float arm down say two inches and try that and see if it is more accurate if not fit a new sender or do as most others do, Cut 18 inches of the end of mums broom and drill a hole in it ,fit a string loop and hang it up near the diesel bowser No electrics required and guaranteed to work EVERY TIME :dance1: .
Have a great day .
Regards.
Hutch.

Thanks Hutch - I can't buy into the broom handle idea - too heavy, I use a 3/8" dowel painted black! So far, so good, but as the tractor improves with time (mine!) I'm trying to get most features working. I will try the float arm trick as soon as I finish the horse shelter. Thanks for responding! All the best and Good on ya!