Gc2600 MMM questions

/ Gc2600 MMM questions #1  

prollynotjeff

Tractor
Kioti DK40SE
Has anyone used any other brand MMM besides a MF? My local dealer wants $2300 for a 60inch. Any idea if other SCUT brands will fit? I have a Mahindra 60inch deck for sale semi locally for $500 and its like new.

/ Gc2600 MMM questions #2  
I do not know of another brand of MMM for a 2600. $2300 sounds high since mine was $1600 back in 07 new from the dealer and I thought that was high.

Doug

/ Gc2600 MMM questions #3  
prollynotjeff said:
Has anyone used any other brand MMM besides a MF? My local dealer wants $2300 for a 60inch. Any idea if other SCUT brands will fit? I have a Mahindra 60inch deck for sale semi locally for $500 and its like new.

I'm pretty sure you can use newer kubota MMM. They are made by the same company. You will need a MF mid PTO shaft, the splines are unique

/ Gc2600 MMM questions #4  
It's been done. Brackets may need to be fabricated. The Pto shaft may need to be changed to match and make sure the pto will spin the mower the correct rotation. Make sure what it came off spins at the same rpm. After that just watch clearance when the mower is raised. For me it would have to be a free deck in excellent shape to go through the work to fit it. Getting parts at one place and having a factory fit is worth the extra money to me.

/ Gc2600 MMM questions
I figured I would to work on the brackets and its good to know about the PTO shaft. I wish my dealer offered one new for 1600 I wouldnt think twice at that price. I just feel like $2300 + tax and I should just keep using my craftsman mower.

/ Gc2600 MMM questions #6  
prollynotjeff said:

If your tractor does not have a mid PTO that is part of the price too!! The MF decks are a well built unit, well worth the money

I agree with MFRED, unless a mmm was free and in new condition, I would not even bother. Too much work getting it too fit.