Do I need to use Permatran?

/ Do I need to use Permatran? #11  
Do you guys feel like the manufactures brand oil requirements are a scam? I am a Kubota guy and they push their product heavily and it sounds like MF does also. After being around heavy equipment for years I have seen different contractors use different oils for many years without any noticeable performance or longevity issues. I have about come to the point where I think it is just another way to make a buck for the company. If the oil meets the recommended specs I think it all came from the same dinosaur.

MarkV

/ Do I need to use Permatran? #12  
Do you guys feel like the manufactures brand oil requirements are a scam? I am a Kubota guy and they push their product heavily and it sounds like MF does also. After being around heavy equipment for years I have seen different contractors use different oils for many years without any noticeable performance or longevity issues. I have about come to the point where I think it is just another way to make a buck for the company. If the oil meets the recommended specs I think it all came from the same dinosaur. MarkV

If you read the thread, you should not have to ask that.

We are talking hydraulic transmission oil here, it has to do lots of different things, including braking.

Oil is oil. But, the additives they put in it are the difference. Your not going to get a top shelf additive package, in a bargain product. Some owners have found that out with noticeable performance differences. Though some did report they were satisfied.

For our machines, you need less than 5 gallons. In my opinion, it's foolish to even consider using cheap fluid. You can't save enough money to make it worth while. Permatran is not that much more money.

Premium products can also exceed the manufacturers specifications.

Last edited:
   / Do I need to use Permatran? #13  
Do you guys feel like the manufactures brand oil requirements are a scam? I am a Kubota guy and they push their product heavily and it sounds like MF does also. After being around heavy equipment for years I have seen different contractors use different oils for many years without any noticeable performance or longevity issues. I have about come to the point where I think it is just another way to make a buck for the company. If the oil meets the recommended specs I think it all came from the same dinosaur.

MarkV
My dealer mentioned several different hydraulic oils that I could use to save money. I told him that I felt more comfortable using the Permatran.

But back to the OP's original question..........I'm still not so sure about mixing different brands to top the machine off.