1529: 50 hour service Hydraulics

/ 1529: 50 hour service Hydraulics #1  

Woodsman7254

Tractor
New Massey 1529 as of 2012
My 1529 is about ready to get its service and I am doing it myself.
It has a loader and is sycro shuttle tranny.
In the owners manual it talks about bleeding the Hydraulic system after changing. I am sure with a hydro tranmission that bleeding is really necessary.
On a sycro shuttle I am assuming it may not be.
How have you folks done when changing the Hydraulic fluid at 50 hrs? Do you bleed it when complete?

Terry

/ 1529: 50 hour service Hydraulics #2  
I did not have to bleed anything. i just lower the loader to the ground an the bucket curl. Drain the oil, an filled.

/ 1529: 50 hour service Hydraulics #3  
We had to bleed our powershuttle. Just open bleeder on hydraulic pump, close when no air comes out.

/ 1529: 50 hour service Hydraulics
Well did my first engine oil service this past weekend. Used Mobil 1 turbo diesel . Easier than my van to change. Good for the winter now.

/ 1529: 50 hour service Hydraulics #5  
I have a MF 1240 with a 16Fx16R synchro shuttle (not power shuttle). This is very similar to your 1529 in regards to size and power, its just a couple generations earlier. I just did my tranny/hydraulic fluid change over the summer. I simply drained and refilled, checked hydraulic operation, and fluid level. That was it, and it has been working great ever since. My factory manual doesn't make any reference to bleeding with this transmission.

/ 1529: 50 hour service Hydraulics
Thanks for the input. My manual does show and tell you to bleed it but I doubt you have to in most cases. I will be changing it in the spring as I won't be putting many hours on it during the winter.
Woodsman

/ 1529: 50 hour service Hydraulics #7  
Woodsman7254 said:
Thanks for the input. My manual does show and tell you to bleed it but I doubt you have to in most cases. I will be changing it in the spring as I won't be putting many hours on it during the winter.
Woodsman

If it tells you to bleed ot, then do it. Air in the hydraulics is not good. For all the time it takes, do.