1020 parts availability?

/ 1020 parts availability? #1  

n4msl

Tractor
Kioti DK40HST & MF 1020
I've owned a 1020 gear tractor for the past twenty years and it has been the most dependable, most durable tractor that I've ever had. It was forced to do the work of a larger tractor but never complained. It is now showing it's age and needs a water pump and a few other things. It is my understanding that new parts are no longer available for this machine. Can someone confirm this information and/or give me a source for any new parts available? I have sources for used parts but don't want to install a used water pump.

/ 1020 parts availability? #2  
You should be able to get a new pump. My grandfather put a new pump on my 1020 about 20 years ago. I would call a Massey dealer and have them check agco parts for you. Some parts aren't available new any more.

/ 1020 parts availability? #3  
Some of these tractors were sold under other brand names. The trick to it is to find out what other brands exist and go find parts for them. Your tractor is a Hinomoto with a Toyosha engine, just like my 1010. I know the 1010 was sold under other brands, and I was able to find what I needed by looking on the internet for suppliers for those tractors. My MF dealer was surprised that I was able to come up with a gear shift bushing for my tractor, and they were more than happy to help me install it.

By the way, don't get in hurry and shift gears with much force. That bushing was plastic.

/ 1020 parts availability? #4  
There's a water pump for your tractor on ebay right now for $142.

/ 1020 parts availability? #5  
My MF dealer was surprised that I was able to come up with a gear shift bushing for my tractor
By the way, don't get in hurry and shift gears with much force. That bushing was plastic.

I broke the shifter off on my 1020. I couldn't find one any were across Canada or the USA so I ended up chucking it in the lathe, and drilled and tapped it for a 3/8 threaded rod and drilled and tapped the same on the handle put two jam nuts between them and it works like new. Mine is case hardened steel not plastic.