Backhoe Kelly B10 backhoe on a GC2300?

/ Kelly B10 backhoe on a GC2300? #1  

NVBigBlue

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey GC2300
Hello,
I just picked up a GC2300 this week. It came with a FEL, BB and Auger. But one of the things I'd really like to get for it is a backhoe. I found a small 3PT unit not far from my house, but I can't really find any info on the thing.

It's a Kelly B10. It's listed as a 1999, and looks to be in fair shape. Just looking at the ad, it appears to need some paint, and a new seat. It has a PTO pump.

The dealer wants $2850, but my neighbor says it's been sitting on their lot for a while now, so they'd probably come down.

I don't really need a backhoe at the moment, but when I get home next year, there are a bunch of projects I need to get done, and having a BH would make things much easier. Also, if it's a decent unit, it's about half of what a new unit runs. My neighbor said he'd run over to the dealer next week some time and take a look at it for me and check it over for wear, etc.

I know a frame mounted unit would be better than a 3PT, but it's just going be light duty work around the property.

Does anyone have one of these little guys? I see that Kelly still makes BH's, but I can't find anything on their site about this model.

Here's the ad:

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7214313

Thanks for the help!

NV

/ Kelly B10 backhoe on a GC2300? #2  
I would not put a 3pt unit on your tractor. The 3pt & aluminum housings for the rearend are just not meant for that kind of abuse. You can be very careful with it for years but it takes just 1 time and something will happen.

/ Kelly B10 backhoe on a GC2300? #3  
ANY SCUT should only use a fame mounted BH, never a 3pt model. BH's are very hard on the 3pt mountings. No matter how gentile you try to be, there will be that rock you hit ... and then you have real problems with broken transmission housings, etc. Do yourself a favor and forget about a 3 pt BH for your tractor.

/ Kelly B10 backhoe on a GC2300? #4  
I have a Kelley B10 that I picked up locally do $900. I use it on my challenger MT255 which is the same as the MF 1428.

/ Kelly B10 backhoe on a GC2300? #5  
My previous message got sent before I finished. The BH seems to work fine on my tractor. I use it mostly for fairly light duty work but have used it to remove some decent size rocks from the yard and trench power to my barn.