Oil & Fuel Hard to get to Oil Filter on 1526 Massey Ferguson

/ Hard to get to Oil Filter on 1526 Massey Ferguson #21  
Look at WIX almost all of their filters have an option of a 3/4 nut on the end of the filter

/ Hard to get to Oil Filter on 1526 Massey Ferguson
I upload all of my pics in top quality and the original size (largest, not resized.) to my photobucket account, then copy the image link and past it with the text.

I think the end cap will be the best bet, and with a short swivel extension, you can spin it right off with no problems.

Ok, I'll see about getting one of those just in case. Better to be safe than sorry. Forgot to answer a question you asked. I use Rotella 15-40. I always have. And I change my oil often. A lot sooner that the book anyway. Every 100 hours. I may even go to every 50 as I don't use the tractor as much as I did the other one. I don't have any clearing to do like I use to. It took me 8 months to put on 100 hours. One thing for sure, This tractor ought to last me the rest of my life LOL.

Oh I also forgot, Yes it is the same filters as you were using on your 1523. Little suckers aren't they?

Look at WIX almost all of their filters have an option of a 3/4 nut on the end of the filter

Thanks for that idea. I'll probably stick with MF filters. The dealer is just a hop and a skip up the road. The oil filters aren't too out of range price wise.

/ Hard to get to Oil Filter on 1526 Massey Ferguson #24  
radrock, Is your fuel filter only half full, or is it me?

/ Hard to get to Oil Filter on 1526 Massey Ferguson #25  
Thanks for that idea. I'll probably stick with MF filters. The dealer is just a hop and a skip up the road. The oil filters aren't too out of range price wise.

For the cost of two oil filters a year, and one fuel filter a year, I would rather support my local dealer. The K&N filters have a nut on the end, but the internals of the filter are junk.

We change our fuel filter every fall, a great peace of mind if nothing else. Also keep one on the shelf just in case.

DarkBlack said:
radrock, Is your fuel filter only half full, or is it me?

I think it is just you. :). You are seeing the bottom of the fuel filter. The bottom is clear so you can see sediment or water.

WilliamBos said:
For the cost of two oil filters a year, and one fuel filter a year, I would rather support my local dealer. The K&N filters have a nut on the end, but the internals of the filter are junk.

We change our fuel filter every fall, a great peace of mind if nothing else. Also keep one on the shelf just in case.

Yeah I'm the same way. I replace my filters on the shelf as soon as I use them. I usually buy two oil filters when I buy them. The only thing I haven't done but should is get an extra air filter. Another thought is that I'd rather stay with Massey filters so I won't void the warranty. If a Massey filter fails then it would go back on their shoulders.

/ Hard to get to Oil Filter on 1526 Massey Ferguson #28  
Yeah I'm the same way. I replace my filters on the shelf as soon as I use them. I usually buy two oil filters when I buy them. The only thing I haven't done but should is get an extra air filter. Another thought is that I'd rather stay with Massey filters so I won't void the warranty. If a Massey filter fails then it would go back on their shoulders.

Exactly! I ran an aftermarket air filter in my truck, was supposed to be equal to the GM HD filter, had half the pleats and was not as good quality as the GM filter. Even after warranty expires, will run OEM filters.

/ Hard to get to Oil Filter on 1526 Massey Ferguson #29  
just changed the oil on my 1529, got this tool after the first change. worked with an extension but as Williambros said a swivel would probaly help IMG_7131.jpg