75 50A rear main seal leak

/ 75 50A rear main seal leak #1  

Jervis

Tractor
2012 Massey Ferguson 1648 Dyna, 2008 Kioti CK20s HST, 2012 Kubota B2630 w BH77
I just bought an old backhoe to do some work around a new piece of property. Noticed a small leak between the engine and the tranny. I think it's the rear main seal. I have asked around and some people have mentioned that its the old rope type seal and can be replaced by dropping the pan and from the inside change it. Anyone know if this is true? Has a 4 cylinder Perkins for an engine

/ 75 50A rear main seal leak #2  
G'day Jervis.
No! The rear crankshaft seal replacement requires that the tractor be split and being a Backhoe it will be a big job .
If you decide to do it I would replace the rear crankshaft seal ,the sump gaskets ,the front and rear sump corks including the seal plate rubbers,the gearbox input shaft seals may also need replacement.
Happy Days.
Hutch.

/ 75 50A rear main seal leak
G'day Jervis.
No! The rear crankshaft seal replacement requires that the tractor be split and being a Backhoe it will be a big job .
If you decide to do it I would replace the rear crankshaft seal ,the sump gaskets ,the front and rear sump corks including the seal plate rubbers,the gearbox input shaft seals may also need replacement.
Happy Days.
Hutch.

Thanks Hutch

Just curious how being a backhoe makes it a bigger job then a normal tractor?

/ 75 50A rear main seal leak #4  
G'day jervis.
The 50a came out with a front end industrial loader as standard and had the hoe fitted as an extra.
I would suggest that if you can not see the job taking longer than a BARE tractor you may be better to get a mechanic that can and will do the job for you!!
Regards.
Hutch.

/ 75 50A rear main seal leak
I guess I miss understood you by the backhoe comment. I thought you meant the actual hoe it's self not the tbl unit. That's why I was having trouble seeing what was different. I did insult my own mechanical abilities with that comment, my father is an industrial mechanic and I do a lot of backyard work so I'm sure we can doer with a couple side beers.

Thanks again for your help