ANTI-FREEZE

/ ANTI-FREEZE #1  

nhtrekker

Tractor
(03) Massey gc2310
I have a massey 2310 (03) and i am flushing the radiator out . Does this tractor call for a specific type of anti-freeze or can you use a good grade of car anti-freeze?? My motorcycle takes a special kind made especially for an aluminum engine.. THANKS for any help. Don

/ ANTI-FREEZE #2  
Do you have the owners manual? I believe you need anti-freeze thats designed for a diesel tractor and is properly mixed. I dont have the users manual handy at the moment but I should be able to tell you tomorrow.

/ ANTI-FREEZE
I do not have any manuals yet...I got this tractor and the manuals could not be found.. I ordered them last week and they have not arrived yet.. I drained it and flushed it out then the thought hit me about it might take a certain type of anti freeze. I will probably let it sit until the manuals come in .. Thanks

/ ANTI-FREEZE #4  
My manual said, 50/50 mixture ethylene glycol and water. Which to me is prestone antifreeze.

/ ANTI-FREEZE #5  
My manual said, 50/50 mixture ethylene glycol and water. Which to me is prestone antifreeze.

My manual states: "50/50 antifreeze(long life coolant)"..........that would be regular antifreeze, nothing special.

/ ANTI-FREEZE #6  
The information in the manual concerning antifreeze is bewildering.

Especially the part where they call for changing the coolant annually.

It does not specifically call for diesel rated antifreeze, (which is required in most diesel engines), but it is not going to hurt you if you use it.

The fact that they call for annual changes, can only suggest they are concerned about additives wearing out, so you want to use a quality product.

TSC sells fleetgaurd heavy duty diesel antifreeze for around $10 a gallon. I do not use my tractor a lot, so I have decided to use this, and change it every 2 or 3 years.

/ ANTI-FREEZE #7  
I do not have any manuals yet...I got this tractor and the manuals could not be found.. I ordered them last week and they have not arrived yet.. I drained it and flushed it out then the thought hit me about it might take a certain type of anti freeze. I will probably let it sit until the manuals come in .. Thanks
ANTI-FREEZE that is specal made for Diesels.
Don't put reg. ANTI-FREEZE in it.