Gc2610 glow plug problem

/ Gc2610 glow plug problem #21  
Also use caution not to bog, (lug), the engine when plowing at those low rpms. That is really hard on it.

At what rpm do you run your tractor if 2500 is too low?

/ Gc2610 glow plug problem #22  
At what rpm do you run your tractor if 2500 is too low?

I don't have a tach on my GC, so who knows.

I don't run my wide open to start off either, at least for the first few minutes.

It doesn't matter what RPM you use, just make it high enough that you don't hear the engine bogging down. If it's not doing that your fine.

/ Gc2610 glow plug problem #23  
I once pulled my glow plugs out of my 1010 and applied current to them with a battery charger to see if they were good. None of the GPs did anything for 10 seconds, then they all turned orange with heat. My tractor is cold natured, so I give it 30 seconds of glow before I try to crank it. And sometimes if the exhaust is too smoky and the tractor is running rough, I hit the GPs again after it starts. That cleans it right up.

/ Gc2610 glow plug problem #24  
"None of the GPs did anything for 10 seconds..." Interesting observation; I've often suspected that they didn't do much for the first few seconds. Seems like a "short" application, less than 30 seconds or so, did nothing. Guess maybe that's why.

If I haven't had it on the block heater, I most always hit 'em for at least 30 seconds, more if it's relatively cold- maybe almost a minute. And sometimes that doesn't do it; if it fails to fire up fairly quickly, I'll re-apply glow for another 40 seconds or so. (I don't want to be replacing starters!) When it gets near or below zero, I use the block heater for at least an hour; then it fires up almost immediately with little or no glow.

Can't wait to test out the belly pan heater on the transmission (it's on now, and we have pretty heavy snow coming down....) -- like Ray said, warm to the touch; should reduce hydraulic warm-up time quite a bit, I bet.

/ Gc2610 glow plug problem #25  
I would not have expected much to happen in 10 seconds either.

Any vehicle I have seen with an automatic timer for the glow plugs, runs them for what seems like forever.

/ Gc2610 glow plug problem #26  
I do not often use my 1010 in cold weather, but I rigged up a heat lamp to slide under the oil pan, and when I need to use the tractor in winter I just plug that in and use a lamp timer to turn it on an hour or so before I want to use it. That warms it up just fine in my garage.