GC 2400 Motor Issue THOUGHTS PLEASE!!

/ GC 2400 Motor Issue THOUGHTS PLEASE!! #1  

BFD046

Tractor
2015, JD 2025r heated Curtis Cab
I own a Massey GC 2400. This morning while snow blowing all the snow we have gotten here in Central Maine this past week, the tractor started to have a whining noise from engine and the tac buried it self all the way past the red line. This was about half hour into snow blowing with the tac at the 540 mark, the tractor never lost any power and the tac returned to normal position after a few minutes. It has never done this before and always stays in a heated garage. Has this happend to anyone else before? Checked all fluids and everything is normal. I thought possible moisture somewhere? Any thoughts would help before I take it to the dealer........

/ GC 2400 Motor Issue THOUGHTS PLEASE!! #2  
Are you sure it wasn't loaded up and when you got to some lighter snow it took off. I'v had this when plowing. Going along with the plow in the ground at 1900rpm lift the plow out and the rpm climbs to 2050 rpm because the load was droped. Diesels ussually whine when reved past their rated rpm.

/ GC 2400 Motor Issue THOUGHTS PLEASE!! #4  
:welcome: BFD046. As you see from magicheater's response - TBN is the place to get answers. Enjoy.

/ GC 2400 Motor Issue THOUGHTS PLEASE!! #5  
Magicheater beat me to it- sounds an awfully lot like the tach cable whining (and being pegged) that was talked about in that thread.

Welcome to TBN from the state next door... WBB