Napa 7089 Hyd filter

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #11  
TSC sells Traveller® Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid that is compatable with Permatran III or AGCO XL-321. $19.00/2 gal. WIX hydro filter #57089 is $17.00. This filter fits some of the Kubota hydro models. - I am currently using this filter/fluid with no issues. My dealer left the area - nearest is 50 miles away.

I use NAPA filters on my 1010 for everything. No issues. And the NAPA Gold filters are made by WIX.

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #12  
I use NAPA filters on my 1010 for everything. No issues. And the NAPA Gold filters are made by WIX.

I don't think anyone has doubts about NAPA filters being of good quality.

The question is, why they don't have a hydraulic filter listed for our equipment. Especially, when some have reported finding a useable filter in the NAPA inventory.

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #13  
Their quality and R&D should be questioned. Look at the idiotic mistake they made with the Allison spin on filters.

For the few extra dollars, I will stay OEM.

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #14  
Their quality and R&D should be questioned. Look at the idiotic mistake they made with the Allison spin on filters.

For the few extra dollars, I will stay OEM.

I am not familiar with that. However, in 30+ years of being in the auto repair business their filters always had a good reputation. And for a few dollars, I don't care either. In this case, it's potentially a lot more than a few dollars.

MF has done some really stupid things too. I would be more inclined to buy a NAPA filter, than another MF product right now.

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #15  
I don't think anyone has doubts about NAPA filters being of good quality.

The question is, why they don't have a hydraulic filter listed for our equipment. Especially, when some have reported finding a useable filter in the NAPA inventory.

Not to be a smart alec, but I guess they only stock filters that they can sell. My guess is they have some cross uses for some of the filters that justify their stocking them, and others just aren't worth it to them.

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #16  
Not to be a smart alec, but I guess they only stock filters that they can sell. My guess is they have some cross uses for some of the filters that justify their stocking them, and others just aren't worth it to them.

No one is suggesting they stock anything.

Just wanted to know if were are going to spec a filter we can use. Since that's what they do there, it's a reasonable question.

Sometimes, if you let a company know what your looking for, they work on getting it for you.

NAPA has enough warehouses, at least around here, stores order things and get them the same day. Some stores send a truck to the warehouse twice a day.

Calling in the morning, and picking it up at lunch time, would be fast enough for me.

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #17  
No one is suggesting that it's an unreasonable question.

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #18  
I am not familiar with that. However, in 30+ years of being in the auto repair business their filters always had a good reputation. And for a few dollars, I don't care either. In this case, it's potentially a lot more than a few dollars.

MF has done some really stupid things too. I would be more inclined to buy a NAPA filter, than another MF product right now.
How often do you change your filter? We do the fluid every other year, paying $42 for a filter will not kill me. Doing my part also helps keep my dealer in business. They will be around if I need them.

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #19  
How often do you change your filter? We do the fluid every other year, paying $42 for a filter will not kill me. Doing my part also helps keep my dealer in business. They will be around if I need them.

People need not be bothered by others wanting to find an alternative to the OEM filter, every time it comes up for discussion.

But, since you apparently did not read the thread, I will re-post this from me, on the previous page:

The main reason, is simply convenience. There isn't always a MF dealer close by, but there usually is a NAPA close by.

My MF local dealer gave up the brand. So, I am looking at a 70 minute round trip to the next one. NAPA is like 5 minutes away.

Yes, I supported my dealer so they could stay in business. And, it worked. They are thriving right now,...selling Case tractors.

Good luck with your plan.

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #20  
People need not be bothered by others wanting to find an alternative to the OEM filter, every time it comes up for discussion.

But, since you apparently did not read the thread, I will re-post this from me, on the previous page:

The main reason, is simply convenience. There isn't always a MF dealer close by, but there usually is a NAPA close by.

My MF local dealer gave up the brand. So, I am looking at a 70 minute round trip to the next one. NAPA is like 5 minutes away.

Yes, I supported my dealer so they could stay in business. And, it worked. They are thriving right now,...selling Case tractors.

Good luck with your plan.

Call a dealer, have it shipped.. Problem solved!! Here is another thought, check a local JD dealer, they will have a match,a CNH dealer may too. You are better off trying those routes, than an unknown NAPA product.