Napa 7089 Hyd filter

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #1  

liberty2701

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti Dk50se hst
I read in some previous posts about using the Napa 7089 Hyd filter on a Gc series tractor. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the filter from operating with it. I checked it out at my local napa and everyhing checks out execpt the can is a little smaller.

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #2  
I sent a message to NAPA about this, I will tell you what they say.

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #3  
I sent a message to NAPA about this, I will tell you what they say.

UPDATE: Almost 2 weeks, and no reply what so ever from NAPA.

I will take that to mean they don't want my business.

I am okay with that, they don't sell anything I have to buy.

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter
Thanks for the update. I searched the forum and saw a member named Ripcord tried the 7089 filter. I wonder if he can chime in?

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #5  
I called my local Napa. #7089 is $21.35, not in stock. Could have it in a few days. OEM #4265229m91 was $29.13 at the local dealership, 16 in stock. Drive is about the same except 1 trip to dealer & can get other tractor stuff there as well. Not to mention it's the correct filter, not an "equal" replacement. $7.78 isn't enough to sway me for an aftermarket. That's about $.025 cents per hour at suggested change interval.
The 400 hour filters on my 5435 are about $120. My mini Excavator are $140 each for 2. I can't understand why this $30 filter that needs to be changed every 300 hours gets so much attention. Is it really worth the risk?

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter
I agree over the hours it is chump change. However you can get the filter through fleet filter for about $11. It is nice to know that there is an option to get a filter other than oem just like your car.
I called my local Napa. #7089 is $21.35, not in stock. Could have it in a few days. OEM #4265229m91 was $29.13 at the local dealership, 16 in stock. Drive is about the same except 1 trip to dealer & can get other tractor stuff there as well. Not to mention it's the correct filter, not an "equal" replacement. $7.78 isn't enough to sway me for an aftermarket. That's about $.025 cents per hour at suggested change interval.
The 400 hour filters on my 5435 are about $120. My mini Excavator are $140 each for 2. I can't understand why this $30 filter that needs to be changed every 300 hours gets so much attention. Is it really worth the risk?

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #7  
I agree. The hydraulic spin on filter for the 1635 is $42, gets changed every other year with the fluid. Not even worth my time looking else where.

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #8  
The main reason is simply convenience. There isn't always a MF dealer close by, but there usually is a NAPA close by.

My MF local dealer gave up the brand. So, I am looking at a 70 minute round trip to the next one. NAPA is like 5 minutes away.

If NAPA would have given us a verified cross reference, I would have gladly gone 5 minutes down the road and bought it for the same money, let alone when you consider adding to any savings, gas and vehicle costs. Then there is the fact that NAPA filters are often better quality than the OEM.

In the meantime, yes, I will have to plan ahead, order it online, and wait for it.

If MF had priced their filter more fairly, or could offer something NAPA or Baldwin could not, I would less inclined to seek alternatives. At $42, it's clear their taking advantage of me. So, there is principal involved too.

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #9  
Thanks for the update. I searched the forum and saw a member named Ripcord tried the 7089 filter. I wonder if he can chime in?

Have you tried sending him a PM?

/ Napa 7089 Hyd filter #10  
TSC sells Traveller® Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid that is compatable with Permatran III or AGCO XL-321. $19.00/2 gal. WIX hydro filter #57089 is $17.00. This filter fits some of the Kubota hydro models. - I am currently using this filter/fluid with no issues. My dealer left the area - nearest is 50 miles away.