MF 150 refresh

/ MF 150 refresh #1  

crowbar032

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 150, TO-35, John Deere 5065E, Caterpiller 953 track loader, NH LS170 Skid Steer
As a follow up on my original thread below. I finally got the electronic ignition installed, it was easy and very straight forward. Unfortunately, the tractor still has a miss. :banghead: It's better than it was, but it's still not right. I'm thinking a bad valve. So it's time to pull the head. Since the hood sheet metal has to come off, I'll finally get to install the fuel gauge that went bad several years ago. I'm also planning on replacing the nose cone that Dad and I cracked years ago. I just didn't expect the nose to be so expensive, the center is still good so I only need the nose. I'd also like to replace the exhaust elbow that is broken, but I can't find one on-line. It's the piece bolted to the exhause manifold and the muffler is attached to. Dad checked with a MF dealer several years ago and they said they couldn't get that particular piece. Has anyone found a source for a replacement elbow or know where I could get one? As well as any tricks for getting the old one off without breaking the manifold or drilling out bolts.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ting/248355-mf-150-distributer-cap-rotor.html

/ MF 150 refresh #2  
As a follow up on my original thread below. I finally got the electronic ignition installed, it was easy and very straight forward. Unfortunately, the tractor still has a miss. :banghead: It's better than it was, but it's still not right. I'm thinking a bad valve. So it's time to pull the head. Since the hood sheet metal has to come off, I'll finally get to install the fuel gauge that went bad several years ago. I'm also planning on replacing the nose cone that Dad and I cracked years ago. I just didn't expect the nose to be so expensive, the center is still good so I only need the nose. I'd also like to replace the exhaust elbow that is broken, but I can't find one on-line. It's the piece bolted to the exhause manifold and the muffler is attached to. Dad checked with a MF dealer several years ago and they said they couldn't get that particular piece. Has anyone found a source for a replacement elbow or know where I could get one? As well as any tricks for getting the old one off without breaking the manifold or drilling out bolts.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ting/248355-mf-150-distributer-cap-rotor.html

Google is your friend.

Tractor Parts for your Antique Tractor – Antiquetractorsrus

/ MF 150 refresh
   / MF 150 refresh #4  
I tried google. Everything I found said 135 or 35. Nothing referenced the 150. The one you linked may fit (I'll have to measure), but it does not look like the one currently on the tractor.

If it's a Z145 engine which is the same as a 135. The manifolds are the same.

Sent from my iPad iOS 6.01 - TNB v1.6