GC 2300 Control Valve stuck in Float postion

/ GC 2300 Control Valve stuck in Float postion #1  

massey driver

Gold Member
Tractor
massey 175,1655 BX 2370-1
I was out blowing snow this afternoon once the wind died down some what.After about half way done my control valve stayed in float position.I couldn't even get the lever to move.I didn't want to force it for fear of breaking the lever off.I had to stop blowing snow and brought the tractor into the heated shop.Good thing I have a heated shop it wasn't to nice out -21c windchill of -36c .Anyway after pulling the cap off the control valve I have no idea why it jammed up.There's nothing broken inside the cap.Seeing that its been giving me problems not wanting to stay in the float postion plus having locked up I decided not to put the cir clip [detent clip] back in.I'll try and find one in town next week.What a pain not having dentent while blowing snow had to hold the control lever all the time.Any one ever modify the control valve or replace the detent clip with something different.Or has anyone had problems with there control valve and found a good way to fix it.I know I've put o-rings into the end of the valve to stop it from leaking oil but haven't found a good way the make the float work better.Thanks for any ideas. Larry

/ GC 2300 Control Valve stuck in Float postion #2  
Did you check that the bolt was tight under the cap? It can loosen off and prevent the spool from fully shifting to float. The lever will move and the detent clicks in, but the float won't work.

/ GC 2300 Control Valve stuck in Float postion #3  
Since mine will ALWAYS pop out of float after a very short time, I've just resigned myself to holding mild forward pressure on the joystick when I want float (which is like "always" when blowing). Sometimes makes me wish I had a third hand, but it works.:confused3:

Hey-- speaking of blowers, has anyone yet felt the need to replace the scraper blade on the 2360? Mine seems to not "scrape" very well anymore, often leaving a layer of nicely packed & smooth snow on my paved diveway; wondered if it was just worn down, but I have nothing to compare it to.... (Both adjustable skids are fully retracted --in full up position.) Walt

/ GC 2300 Control Valve stuck in Float postion
I finished blowing snow without the spring click in place and let me tell you thats a pain for sure.Even when the clip was on it sort of held and wasn't to bad to use but with it missing its a pain.Guess I'll just put it back on and use it that way.One problem right now with working on it is that with the cab on there's hardly any room to remove the screws holding the cap on so I think I'll put it back with the spring clip on and leave it alone untill summer and the cab is off.Larry