Battery suggestions for GC2400

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #1  

Don87

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2400
My battery is getting weak. Looking for suggestions/experiences.

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #2  
I will be replacing ours come fall, will be four years old, if you make 5, you are lucky.
Looking at an AC Delco for it.

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #3  
I prefer Diehard Gold batteries if one will fit. I have also had good life and performance from John Deere StrongBox batteries.

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400
I haven't measured the battery yet, but it is a small battery.

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #5  
MT-51 Interstate. Little extra cranking amps and it'll drop right in. Probably after this cold snap you'll be good until next year anyway though.

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #6  
Battery size sometimes limits the choice of brands. I like a snug fitting battery the same size as the original so it doesn't get loose and bounced around.

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #7  
MT-51 Interstate. Little extra cranking amps and it'll drop right in. Probably after this cold snap you'll be good until next year anyway though.

I second this. I used to sell a lot of batteries in our body shop, and I put an MT-51 in my GC, and it fits perfectly.

Look up the Interstate dealers in your area, and call them. Most of the time they are installing it, so the price they sell them for, includes enough profit to also cover the labor. Ask for a cash and carry price, so they can knock the labor off. You should be able to get one at or under $80.

MT-51 is a common Honda battery, so a good stocking dealer will have one on the shelf.

Last edited:
   / Battery suggestions for GC2400
MT-51, it says 500CCA, that's pretty good for a small battery.

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #9  
I will be replacing ours come fall, will be four years old, if you make 5, you are lucky.
Looking at an AC Delco for it.

Still on my original for my 2006 GC2310, I don't use it in the winter and don't even disconnect it. Pretty sure I am on borrowed time though, I do notice it doesn't spin the engine quite as fast as it once did. I have excellent luck with Costco Kirkland batteries, hopefully they have this size.....

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #10  
I second this. I used to sell a lot of batteries in our body shop, and I put an MT-51 in my GC, and it fits perfectly.

Look up the Interstate dealers in your area, and call them. Most of the time they are installing it, so the price they sell them for, includes enough profit to also cover the labor. Ask for a cash and carry price, so they can knock the labor off. You should be able to get one at or under $80.

MT-51 is a common Honda battery, so a good stocking dealer will have one on the shelf.

I've sold Interstates at my store for 16 years .... they sell there self . I've got customers that should get paid for their endorsements . I look through the exchange ( core ) batteries , the date codes of all the brands , and Interstates have a real good average for longivety .